Do some askers award MHO too qickly?

I just finished typing my opinion on a serious question which I tried to make as comprehensive as I could. Hit the submit button and find MHO already awarded within about 10-12 minutes of original question being asked. It doesn't really bother me too much except it puts me off a bit from trying too hard.

Most times I wait for several days. twice I've waited until the GAG system has given me a reminder that it's still outstanding.
There are so many good answers here, I cannot chose one over another, so I will let the "system" chose for me. There is no option to be able to chose several. I'm not concerned about losing the Xper ponts!

Most Helpful Guy

• They just ask questions for validation or xper hunting.
    ●They didn't want help, they just wanted xper (1 for asking, 5 if it became popular & 2 for selecting MHO) that's all.
    ●Some people just want validation, as soon as someone validates their perception, bam! The MHO has been awarded.

Happened with me too :(
    We should not take this place seriously.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on the person and I find age usually plays into that as well. I don't think its meant to be fast, but they get the answer they were looking for and bam! MHO! :-)

• I find that annoying too..
    Some people do that a lot and some wait too much. I don't like either of them.

• Sometimes I does seem like some people do.

• sometimes they do

What Guys Said 8

• Some serious questions could take anywhere between a week and 20 or 40 years, to come up with an appropriate answer.
    The true answers are not always obvious, and only a fool would accept one within an hour.

• Yeah most of the newbies do that :P
    personally I choose MHO after 5-7 days :)

• the only thing some people need is validation lol

• good on ya mate!
    Its like one of those questions a girl asks when she says: "I said hi, and he just replied 'hi'. Does that mean he hates me?" Obviously your opinion was the most helpful so far and the persons opinion just needs to be clarified to suit themselves.
    To me it doesn't matter if your opinion was most helpful or not, i just go off the likes and dislikes. But if your comment is relevant and you feel it makes sense, then good on you for being so helpful lol.

• Many give MHO way too early. Once they get an answer that validates their opinion, they award it.

#Pathetic

• Because they can

• I usually wait until I get a message from the GAG system

• I know a guy who's done that...