Why soccer fans are so aggressive?

They fight a lot, they1 meet up for massive fights, they attack (in worst cases kill) the fans of the opposite football club.
Why we dont see similar fights over basketball, baseball or rugby?

Europe is weird, they like to fight, but at the same time they dress and act in daily life more "gayish" compared to USA.
Its in general of course, i know not all act this way.

Most Helpful Guy

• one's who fight have 'firms' that do it almost as a hobby personally dont mind it as they tend to just beat each other up. Best fans in the world are from Europe americans dont have the passion and one thing Im proud for in the uk is the singing. Real songs that 90% of the time are fucking hilarious unlike the americans shitty 'I believe that we will win' (the cringiest thing in the world). Also it's called football every other country apart from america call it football... this is just a personal hate of mine

• Americans are too busy eating their hamburgers watching the game lol

What Guys Said 9

• "Europe is weird, they like to fight, but at the same time they dress and act in daily life more "gayish" compared to USA."

what does that statement have to do with anything?

people fight at American sporting events too. Look it up. like the San Fran Giants fan who is brain dead as a result of a fight at an LA Dodgers game. OR routine fights that go on inside or outside football games (you can youtube them).

but why do those things happen and perhaps more prevalent in Europe? mostly ignorance combined with a lot of booze which seems to create aggression, tension and conflict

• That despite the stereotype about their dressing style, as gays, they like to fight to prove something. their masculinity maybe, whatever, i dont know. Just 2 oppositie stereotyps about same people

• fair enough but their dress has nothing to do with the fighting so it just seemed like a weird thing to mention.

another thing is that some people just take way too much pride in their sporting interests and they allow their "fandom" to cause them to behave irrationally

• if you're referring to the youtube videos, that shit is like ingrained in their culture at this point. its like the movie Green Street Hooligans. they just do. they scrap.

• not all soccer fans r like this... sure there r some soccer zealots but not everyone's like this

• Damn thats obvi, i said the same... did you read it properly? i ask about usa too

• in US there r not as many soccer fans as there r in Europe . soccer's not a big thing there

• I think they do that because they want to release stress, and this is the way they do it. I never understood it myself.

• They act that way because it is tolerated. Mob mentality

• Have you ever seen Lakers fans fight with Heats, for example?

• nope. I kickbox, I don't watch a lot of sports. People don't get riled up during our matches. I guess it wouldn't end well

• its the beautiful game turned ugly by some people

• because their human. Humans are evil. Humans are made to fight and kill over stupid things.

• yeah soccer fans so aggressive (I'm soccer fans)
    BESÄ°KTAS <3 :)

• because soccer is so fucking boring they have to do something to entertain themselves during the game.

What Girls Said 3

• How do they dress more "gay-ish"? Football hooliganism is more tribal than anything. It's not a team it's like a damn tribe and they get seriously into the competitiveness and think they're warriors. It can get extremely violent, I don't know why - maybe because football is so fucking dull to watch? It is also prevalent in South America. The Ultra's are crazy motherfuckers, it's like organised crime with organised and scheduled gang warfare.

• There are some crazy fights in every sport. But I think it's more of a cultural thing perpetuated more in European household than American households, that it's ok to fight for a sport team or player.

• People are passionate and live for their teams

• I agree. But and basketball?