Why people in the school like student and teachers needs to have an IDENTIFICATION CARD to enter school?

Well this is basically my assignment and I have to prove why we need an ID to school. Thanks for responding. Lol. :) please help me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember exactly when the ID card system came about. It was after Columbine and then a series of national issues regarding bomb threats.

I believe it is important in this era when it seems like there are more and more instances of school violence and predators showing up at schools that people are identified as being actual faculty, administrators or whatever within schools

• School violence was actually going down, not up. The media just talks about it more now making it seem worse than it is.

• well is possible that the violence is down due to the media coverage? due to people having to carry id cards? typically awareness leads to a healthier outcome (cigarette smoking, nutrition, drug use, mental health, etc, etc)

What Guys Said 3

• Because it provides a false sense of security, they think a psycho who wants to shoot the school up or bomb it will just go home because he'll be turned away at the door for not having a proper ID.

• I would say pretty much this nails it on the head. It also adds a layer of protection if a lawsuit happens against the school so they can claim they already took steps to prevent something from happening, even though clearly such steps wouldn't do any good. If this is for an assignment however it would be best to lie and claim that it helps with safety and some other such nonsense. Just tell them what they want to hear.

• perhaps for security and validating reasons so that not just anyone can waltz onto campus.

• You need Photo Identification to enter a school to protect
    students/ teachers more of less for security reasons you
    got save students/ teachers from Terrorist , School shootings.

What Girls Said 1

• To keep creepy people from just randomly walking into the school. I don't know we never had these