The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 9:5-6:
"For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten.
Indeed their love, their hate and their zeal have already perished, and they will no longer have a share in all that is done under the sun."
I am asking because my Christian friends told me that I will be roasted and tormented in the eternal hell fire when I die if I don't become a Christian. But then when I look at the 2 above-mentioned verses, I got confused. How could I be tormented in hell fire if the dead do not know anything?" O_o
Most Helpful Guy
AHA either you got bored of the pictorial depictions of 'thank you' or you did this for a change or you just were in a rush :D Whichever way it is, you are welcome beforehand ;) :D
1. Religion in any form was created post community & society couldn't reign in the ever 'thinking' humans who dared to question every law laid down
2. Religions came into being and existed much before races managed to meet each other vide migration
3. Christianity was formed out at a time when the very powerful Roman empire was at ti's peak & ofcourse very much opposed to the Roman lifestyle
4. Result of that is though Greek gods are revered Roman ones aren't even mentioned because of the feud between Romans & the Brits who embraced Christianity
5. Ofcourse Christianity has embraced and imbibed quite a bit of paganism in it's fold but modified
6. Ironically society, religion etc were meant originally to unite humans turned out to be reasons for them turning against each other because of fixations and the religion itself becoming a power within itself
7. The crusades resulted in Islam becoming aggressive and the same fights carries on till date in various manners
8. Summary of the above though may seem disconnected from the question is that the religion that seeks expansion thus indulging in various forms of nepotism preaches that nothing except that particular religion holds true
9. We humans are given to the greed of heaven & fear of hell which is well exploited by those seeking power through religion which certainly wasn't (probably) the aim of founders of the same
Touchy question and brutal answer, going anon (thank you for allowing it) cause I don't want to be plagued in my inbox lol1