Girls, Why are most of your questions, anonymous?

I don't get it. what are you hiding?

Went unanon. For the asshole wise girls out there

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Just as many guys go anonymous for whatever reason, like you did with this question. Why be anonymous for a question like this?

I think I've only asked two or three anonymous questions in all my time here, and they were all concerning my private sex life. Guys on here don't generally experience this, but when girls here post sexual things about themselves, there are always a number of guys who think it's okay to be weirdos and private message the girl with inappropriate things or harass her in the comments. Going anonymous is an extra protection against that.

Another reason why people ask and post anonymously is just because they don't want others on here to know they made that particular post. It might be embarrassing, personal, or contain private information.

• I could have gone unanonymous for this, I guess for me it's just a force of habit. I always go anonymous

• No, not really

What Girls Said 20

• For me it is paranoia. I use a lot of detail in my questions and they tend to be personal so I am paranoid that the people they involve will somehow be on here or find them through google and be able to identify me and all my activity if the question has too many details the recognize. I also alter the details so that it is the same general point but not the EXACT thing in my life that I am asking about and I just no pictures, geographical locations, or an email address that can be connected to my name. Pure paranoia.

• I'm sorry you feel that you have to be scared on a site like this

• Meh. Just being cautious lol. Better safe than sorry.

• But you just posted this anon?

What are you hiding?

0_o

• I'm not a girl

• I asked girls, not guys

• I answered your question :)

• I just don't like people knowing that I'm the one asking the question, even if it's a totally innocent and normal question. If I accidentally ask something stupid, or if the question is private, I'd rather not be connected to it.

I also went anon once because I used the word "their" incorrectly and was ashamed of my typo. -.-

• their is possesive, so, like for example it would be it is their ball. there is location. the ball is over there. they're is short for they are, they're (they are) throwing the ball over there"

• I know, but thanks for the explanation, haha. I mangled the typing, my phone autocorrected it, and I forgot to proofread until after I'd posted.

• So your asking girls why they go anonymous but yet you admit it's a force of habit that you do?

• I don't hide anything. I just go anonymous because I feel comfortable.
    It's also like going in a conference giving you a name tag to wear. I don't feel comfortable wearing a nametag so I don't need to wear it.

• Haha Irony.
    I almost never ask or answer anything anonymously.

• I only have 1 question I did that as annon because it's was a little personal. Other than that I never go annon

• I guess for the very same reasons you guys are.. Whatever they may be!

• I only do it if the question I'm asking is weird or if I just don't want people to know that it's me.

• Probably embarrassed. Eh

• Just some girls are embarrassed.

• We'll ur hiding

• We don't want some people to know who we are

• i've never asked an anon question...

• Why are you hiding?

• Not everyone wants you to know who they are and be judged

• Yet you're anonymous
    Lol

• Why are you so curious about identity?

• Is this supposed to be funny? :p

• Then you're a hypocrite, especially since you're anonymous now

• How? I think you need to look up the definition of the word...

• its just better.