WHY anonymous all the time?

i get it if you are asking a sexual question.. or a question or opinion with personal details.. but questions like how you doing.. what is your favourite... ? and many other questions which have nothing to do with someone's personal life.. why are they anonymous? can anyone explain? anons? guys and girls.. both,...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea i agree with you makes no sense and i for sure don't have nothing
    to hide.. another thing people got communication gap issues all they
    want do is text message, email, message online what happen to talking
    on the phone call? So it makes you wonder why they hide behind anonymous
    and again another form of communication gap, hell if someones that shy
    about talking and showing their face or username than why be here?

What Guys Said 8

• Well, I get hate mail when I voice an opinion at times. It is just a PIA. I answered a religious question the other day... OMG... I had so so many emails. Most of them from people arguing (rudely) that I was going to burn in hell and didn't know S**T.
    Sometimes it helps to keep down the personal mail.

• it is fine to b anon in those type of questions.. i get it.. i m talking about the other questions.. they are just general questions.. which car you like.. and something like this..

• it's a trend i guess

• You have a right to remain unnamed and unknown to the world. Some poeple just prefer it for their own personal reasons.

• I ignore those anonymous unless the question justifies it.

• I used to never anonymize but a few of my answers angered a few users who trolled me on unrelated questions. No big deal, but now it's so easy to click the anon box, so why not?

• but even if they did.. they can only see your username.. not your real one...

• I'm not worried about being identified. I just don't want to get trolled.

• hmm.. alright :)

• Because my SO is here too and she doesn't know I know she is here so I can comment on her questions when she asks something related to me and if she ever find me there will be no evidence LOL. I use the smart may

• hahaha.. ok.. this is a valid reason... :)

• For shits and giggles

• None of your beeswax!

What Girls Said 6

• They have a reputation here to uphold.

• repo of being anon?

• repo of saying meaningful stuff and asking meaningful questions.
      "what's your favorite color" is not exactly a meaningful question.

• I don't understand why people are so obsessed about other people using the anonymous feature. As long as people do not use it in order to harass other users, I see no point in complaining about it.

• Scared of being judged.

• i get that.. i m just talking about the non judgy questions.. like the one i asked.. and now you answered as anon..

• I know haha XD Some are really anxious and shy, you know? Even asking "what is your favourite colour?" can make them feel unsafe since people can personally attack them, such as "This question has already been asked several times, dumbass", "None of your business",..

• Keepin a low profile.

• Because we can. As simple as that.

• they are being perverts.

• and why are you anon right now? there is nothing in my question which could relate to your personal life..