Since when did YouTube become a celebrity site for YouTube celebs who want $$$$$?

I don't know where i was on the planet, but something i've noticed since 2012... Youtube has changed so much, there's much more ads on every video to benefit the youtube partners and the youtube sponsorship..
It started from that, 2013 there was these youtubers rising to fame with millions of subscribers and recieving monetary gain...

I look now and see on youtube people i dont even know, and i'm supossed to know them?
There's a whole lot of money going in ads and commercials, every video... and there's like this heriacle of youtubers that are popular, like marble jenny, pewdiepew, zoe, matthew santoro, markiplier, prankvprank and in

I think it started from this vlogging phenenomom with internetkilled tv

• It's happening, social media and youtube is making stars...
  • I think all youtube celebs are selfish and talentless, for making videos
  • we should kill pewdiepie and steal his girlfriend
  • I am indifferent about youtube
  • yeah, it sucks man ads everywhere, i just wanna watch some videos

Most Helpful Guy

• since 2013 you've started notcing people you don't know?

basically once youtube was bought by google, they decided they wanted to figure out a way to monetize the site (essentially make money). that means more ads, more subscription services, etc.

just capitalism

• that's not a good thing, google plus sucks, i remember the old youtube was much better

• sure for consumers fewer ads and $$ is better. but for the owners the real money is always in advertisement on the internet

What Girls Said 1

• its happening!

What Guys Said 7

• dude i use youtube since 2006... this site was fuckin awesome back in 2006-2008. and there were NO ads as well... also it was much more of a community back then.

now only good thing is, almost every song's available there

• its always the worst when the ad itself has to fucking buffer.

• It's been that way since YouTube was made. People are just having more success now. Back in the old days you could get really famous on YouTube, but getting paid for it was almost impossible unless you could make some merchandise. Now everyone who knows how to use Google AdSense can get paid. Or anyone with multiple accounts who doesn't mind clicking on their own video a million times.

• 1 person can view a video a bunch of times its still only 1 view per day even if you watch a million times that day

• I said with more than 1 YouTube account and it does work that way. It just takes a looong time. A lot of people think it doesn't work because the view counter doesn't go up right away, but that's because their servers take some time to calculate views.

• The democratizing effects of mass technology, my friend.

• It's like everything gets worse as it gets older.

• yeah i still like youtube

• I never see ads on youtube, I have an ad blocker