Black people, do you view all white folks in society as "privileged" compared to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• not really.

What Girls Said 4

• Poor ones aren't that much more privileged than black people but it's still slightly easier for them because you can always hide how rich/poor you are but you can't hide your skin. It's like the Irish in England were treated badly at a point and people are still a little prejudice towards them, but if they shut their mouth so you don't hear an accent or they were born here like so many black people were, again, they will get treated differently to the other Irish... so it's just different.
    My best friend and I sometimes make really offensive jokes to each other about races, and one she said before was she was gonna call the police and say "omg help quick I'm a white blonde girl and there's a black girl walking next to me right now I'm scared" and they'd be there before she even hangs up the phone. Ok i know the joke is an over reaction but that's how it really feels sometimes.
    My mother is white though, but it's still the same thing if I'm half black or full black, still treated the same and seen the same I mean.
    That even reminds me of Obama, and any time my siblings or i have ever had any great achievement, suddenly everybody must make a big deal over "oh but they're half white, they aren't full black" when just before that we were any other black person. It's just when we achieve something that we're seen as half white. That's how it was with Obama and it's annoying.

Fact is, everybody is treated differently. Muslims, Christians, blacks, whites, Asians, Arabs, rich, poor, male, female, old, young, gay, bi, trans... whatever, we're all seen a certain way by society. None of us will have the same life experiences, all we can do is try to treat everybody fairly and forget race. It's not gonna happen in the near future though.

• No I only view privileged people as privileged and that can be any race.

• Not all, but in a social sense, a lot of white people are do have a privilege compared to me.

• No, not all. Yes, they have "white privilege" but, I am very grateful for all that I have and, I love the skin I'm in.

What Guys Said 7

• that's shitty man... wot privileged means?

everyone's equal,... or SHOULD be! 8)

• in some regards yes. it gets annoying when people get scared when they see you walking towards them. and if you talk proper other black people think you're getting uppity. and if you date outside your race other black people get pissy white people dont have that problem as much but i remember when my big sis was about to date a latino dude (he was hot no homo) and my mom talked her out of it. not because what he has done not if he was a potential player or not but simply cause he wasn't black.

• I hope that they don't because we are all equal.

• Oh dear.
    *Obligatory "Ya'll"*

• Yea, in a way. There's a lot of history that goes into it. It's not a simple question, but I'm never really thinking that on a day to day.

• No I don't. Everyone is equal.

• Yeah, white privilege doesn't really exist anymore...