I have been drinking excessively for the last 2 years, now I feel like I should change?

If you live in the UK then you should be aware of the strong beers Tennent, Super, and SKOL. I have been drinking these for the past year almost everyday (500 ml 2x). Today I was watching TV and saw something about how someone died because of too much alcohol consumption at the age of 65. This really put me off and I'm thinking of stopping. (I started drinking heavily because of a girl I had a falling out with (the first girl i truly was emotionally attached too although things got sour even though were weren't in a relationship). Seems like I picked up this bad quality from her. Any Ideas on what I can do to keep my mind away from alcohol? I feel it's time for a change as I've also gained abit of weight because of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• dude just try drinkin soda instead when u go out...

• I dont drink soda and rarely do. I'm not big on sugars... I've basically just been sticking to water and beer. No juice or soda's

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Well if your not ready to completely stop then how about you minimise the amount you take per evening and slowly slowly reduce it to nothing, best thing to do though if your ready is keep yourself busy with exercise, sports is always the best thing for me, clears the mind and relives stress naturally...

• develop a love for fitness and yourself :)

• change it and work out