What would happen if a 10 year-old went on a shooting spree?

Scene: Several people are found injured and 3+ killed.
The spree killer is a 10 year-old evil kid that actually did it on purpose. So basically, they are already like Michael Myers from the horror movie Halloween who started killing as a kid too.

Since obviously he/she can't be put on death sentence and might be too early for even a life-sentence, what happens to that kid?

Basically the kid skipped with the animal cruelty thing fast and went on to already killing people at that age.

Most Helpful Guy

• Knowing how cops react in situations like this... believe me... that kid would be dead at the scene... especially if the gun was still in his hand. Did you see what happened in Cleveland? Kid had a fake gun, and the cops took him out at the playground.

• True. I was saying assuming the kid stops at some point and tries to hide but is found and arrested.

• I see. Yes, then he might just get a short juvenile stay or have to enter some psych program... basically, he would get away with it...

What Guys Said 2

• Then his parents would b punished

• jail but death sentences are only in shit holes like the USA

What Girls Said 5

• If the kid surrendered at the scene they would be taken in for psychological testing to see if they could stand trial or if they would be commited to a mental ward. Then there would be serious questions about where the weapon came from. If they got it from their parents' house it would be hugely different than if they're a gang runner or something.

• Depends where they're from. I'm assuming they're American?

In that case, are they black or white? That factors heavily in whether or not they're captured alive.

If they're alive, they can't get a life sentence. Maybe a decade or so, with psychological help and therapy, then they're released with a new identity. I assume they're probably watched to make sure they don't snap again.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasebo_slashing
    that kind of thing used to happen a lot in Japan before they relaxed the school system. kids were so stressed out by school and expectations they would snap and kill eachother.

• Um, little white kids do it all the time and probably get away with it...

• Depends on the country.

I know a girl killed her sister in American and then her guardians dog (and I think that tipped them off that she was a killer). And she's free. I think she was or is mentally ill. I hope she got treatment.

• Yeah was referring to the states. I know in Canada a kid under 13 is given a max of 10 years in prison whereas in the US, starting at the age of 12 or 13, they can be charged as a adult by then and sentenced to life in prison.

But if they aren't even old enough to even be tried as adults like in my example, the kid recently turned 10, I'm guessing it would be a lesser sentence.

• Yeah, in the case I'm referring to, she did time at a facility but not prison. I think it would be interesting to hear on what people think should happen.