My friend said I was pretty in my own way?

What does it mean when someone says this? Because he's a guy and I like him a lot as a friend but I like him a little more than that but he doesn't know. Anyway he said I was pretty in my own way when I said I wasn't to him. Does he think I'm pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• I always told my ex wife she was the most beautiful women in the world to me. Then she would get mad because I said "to me". My reasoning was that it should matter more what I think then what others think since we are married. SO it is a higher standard then just "everyone". I hate when women need all these qualifications. the only person in the world that matters is you. After that, it is the person your with. If my girlfriend things I am good looking then that is all I care about. I know I am not since men just are not attractive at all. But if she is ok with me, awesome.

What Guys Said 3

• it means he doesn't think you're that pretty, most likely, and he's too nice to say it so.

• He thinks you have a cute way but he's not into saying your real cute

• We'd need to see you to know

What Girls Said 7

• Sounds like something someone says to make someone else feel better about themselves.
    Not saying that you're unattractive, but that you're pretty "in your own way".

• When a guy tells you: "You're pretty in your own way."
    What he really means is that he doesn't find you attractive at all but doesn't want to hurt your feelings.

• he's being very pc and he thinks you’re cute

• He thinks you're unique. Take that as a compliment :)

• it means you're unconventionally pretty... which isn't bad

• he thinks you're pretty yeah.

• I'd say yes. Stop overthinking it and take it as a compliment.

• I know but in my own way sounds quite rude like I have my own way of expressing my self like its a bad thing

• No. He meant that you are unique and he thinks you differ from the rest.