How does the rest of the world view the USA after the FIFA arrest and after their president resigned. Are we over reaching? Helping out soccer?

Most Helpful Guy

• I still can't believe that the US, where most of its citizens don't give a shit about soccer, had to be the country to bring to light all the crap that was/is going on in FIFA. Everyone knew about their shit, I mean, did they really think we are that stupid to believe that Russia and Qatar won the World Cup election without handing some money beneath the table? We all know that the Petrodollars gave Qatar the World Cup.
    And besides that, all soccer is full of scams, thieves and more and more crap. Ireland's soccer association taking money to shut their mouth after Henry's handball goal is a clear example why no European country got their nose in FIFA cause there was a lot of money involved, and that's why the US has to come.

People in Spain (where I'm from) are also shocked that it was the US the one that had to come safe FIFA, and even though many hate the US they still appreciate this, and agree that the US justice system is one of the few that works (yes Americans, even though you believe it doesn't, US justice system does work if we compare it to many of the rest of the countries).

What Girls Said 3

• I'm an avid soccer fan (im latina haha) but honestly... I think the US shouldn't interfere. Lets be honest- while it is true soccer more people are interested in soccer, the US isn't a soccer nation. American football claims that spot. The US wants publicity and in my opinion it probably wasn't getting enough kickbacks from the fortune FIFA officials were making. Their excuse though is that Qatar took the potential US spot by paying off the "fairy godmother of soccer". In part it may be true- Qatar's climate is not the best for playing soccer as temperatures are high and dehydration can quickly set in, specially since there are two 45 min halves to each game. However, who cares when Qatar is one of the richest nations and can easily bribe these officials? I say good riddance to them all but the US handling all this? Riiiiight...

• you're over reaching.

• As usual USA getting involved in everything. All these people, whether it's football or other sports, politicians, the big lawyers, all these people with money and power are corrupt, it's no secret and certainly not new news. America just got pissed off their bribes weren't enough this time so they made sure the ones who bribed better than them lost out.

• All the bribes done by FIFA were done using American Dollars and whenever racketeering is done using US currency the FBI has to get involved. They should if used Euros.

• Yes all the bribes were actually done in US dollars and a lot I fans of soccer would love if it were held in the USA. A lot of them were interviewed and said it's easier to get to than other countries say Europe to US or Asia to US is easier than Europe or Asia to Brazil or S. Africa. We have the infrastructure, facilities, transportation and less corruption. Best of all we don't displace hundreds of thousands of people to build stadiums or have a horrible human rights record. Murika doesn't pay bribes for World Cup or Olympics "homie don't play that".

• America are crazy on this no fly list thing though. Not even just terrorists or suspected terrorist, so doubt it's easiest to get to. Some people i know never commited a crime in their life and had no reason to be looked at suspiciously have even been stopped and detained for a long time because they're on it.
      I guess there's football fans over there too, but it's probably a small minority? I always hear of Americans saying it's shit lol.
      And human rights? Ehh... America isn't exactly squeaky clean on that either. And corruption? Wouldn't trust any gov as far as I can throw em, they're all as bad as each other just some are better at hiding it and some don't even care about hiding things.
      And if it was to be held in a really multi cultural city there it probably would be nice hosted in America, especially as Americans know how to get into all this stuff and get excited, but still, everybody will get their day, wasn't meant to be this time.

What Guys Said 10

• Could have happened in any country with any individual. There's nothing to view a particular country's image or culture based on one situation :)

• Helping but over reaching. USA in a way influence major world international bodies such as the IMF, UNO etc but is also only FIFA that the USA barely influence and that since the USA always wants to be the savior of the day they then want to now influence FIFA.
    Russia is hosting the next world cup and can we confidently say, this is the reason, USA tried so hard to find something against FIFA so that MAY BE, in way, Russia may be seen as must have followed South Africa's track in hosting the world cup, sake of bribe allegations against South Africa.

• Was reading how USA funds ISIS. I don't hate America or Americans, but I fuckin hate the politics of every country. I'm South African, and our president paid the bribes for the World Cup, which was expected anyway. So in my book, FIFA, America and my country can go get fucked. The only reason USA busted FIFA was like everyone said here, they didn't like the fact that they were not getting to host a World Cup soon😢

• Lol I think more Americans care about Bruce Jenner or Deflate Gate than about losing out to the World Cup. We just... don't care about soccer that much

• How does the US fund ISIS? We shoot their members outside convenience stores last time I heard.

• lol... it was on TV, one of the American guys on the news admitted it. It's about Wall Street bud. Conflict funds business. It's even in wiki leaks. Israel and America trained some of the leaders of Isis. So basically, they create the environment for conflict and all us poor civilians get the brunt of it. I also believe (my opinion) the top guys fueling this Middle East shit from the turkey and Saudi side don't believe in Allah at all. They promote it though aggressively so poor lost souls can fight, therefore funding these rich dudes and doing it in a way that makes it look like it's all for religion (even though it's for king Abdul's 56th Ferrari)

• eh indifferent... soccer isn't FIFA only

• They love the USA and if they dont Its because they can't live here

• It's football. I thought everyone assumed it was highly corrupt.

• John Oliver said it was brilliant. I'm thinking it might make up for Iraq.

• Bet he is happy he doesn't have to eat Mc Donald's or drink a Budweiser beer

• Well using the US dollar for bribes and racketeering usually brings in the US justice system.

• this is the first time i'm hearing about this.

• Superior USA.. Overrules over them all suckas.. USA #1.