How do I stop being afraid of attractive guys?

I'm usually intimidated by them, and I think part of the reason is because I feel like they're mean. I know that it's not true, and I don't know Why I think they're mean, but I do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Think of them just as you would a black bear: they're just as scared of you as you are of them, lol (most likely).

In terms of being "mean," there might be a few reasons you feel that way.
    1. Because you are scared, you are projecting negative things on them that aren't true
    2. You've had negative experiences in the past you are projecting
    3. You don't believe you could get an attractive guy, so you project in order to feel better about yourself
    4. A guy may have mispoken/been socially awkward and meant nothing mean
    5. He's trying to look "impressive" with cold, "alpha" speech, but came off boorish instead
    6. The guy was genuinely being mean

Anyway, I could come up with more reasons. And that's all speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

In order to stop being afraid, talk to them more! They don't bite. First just talk to talk. Don't worry about them liking you or not. Just try to befriend them, get used to seeing them as just friendly, normal people. Then down the road, you'll be more prepared to see them in a different light, if that's suitable to you.

What Guys Said 4

• Think that maybe they don't even think they're attractive and that it's not their fault they are. I mean it, start talking to them, with the time you'll start to feel less nervous.

• because the media tells you that

• it's probably the same reason why I think pretty girls are gold diggers or mean.

• yup and you give none of us average looking nice guys a chance...

i'm not going to help you.

• lol how would You know that I don't give average guys a chance? besides, what you see as average can differ from what I see as average :P :)

• so just because I'm asking a question about attractive guys, that means that I get 0 feelings for guys considered average? Maybe the reason why I'm asking this is because I'm tired of my unknown fears and I don't want to judge people

• it seems like it. Or else why would you care if your afraid of "attractive" guys?

It makes no sense to me.

What Girls Said 2