I'm usually intimidated by them, and I think part of the reason is because I feel like they're mean. I know that it's not true, and I don't know Why I think they're mean, but I do.
Most Helpful Guy
Think of them just as you would a black bear: they're just as scared of you as you are of them, lol (most likely).
In terms of being "mean," there might be a few reasons you feel that way.
1. Because you are scared, you are projecting negative things on them that aren't true
2. You've had negative experiences in the past you are projecting
3. You don't believe you could get an attractive guy, so you project in order to feel better about yourself
4. A guy may have mispoken/been socially awkward and meant nothing mean
5. He's trying to look "impressive" with cold, "alpha" speech, but came off boorish instead
6. The guy was genuinely being mean
Anyway, I could come up with more reasons. And that's all speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.
In order to stop being afraid, talk to them more! They don't bite. First just talk to talk. Don't worry about them liking you or not. Just try to befriend them, get used to seeing them as just friendly, normal people. Then down the road, you'll be more prepared to see them in a different light, if that's suitable to you.0