Anyone tried of video game remasters?

I notice a trend lately that started on the PS3 was Sony remastering PS2 games with trophy support, upscaling, and improved framerate. Then a bunch of third party developers started doing it as well. I like remasters don't get me wrong, it gives me a chance to play a game I might of passed beforet o play with upgrades that surpass the original version. I just think it's beginning to become too much like Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection got announced recently which is fine as I loved those games on PS3. But if your gonna ask $60 and remove online then I might pass and wait for a sale. I just think remasters should be cheaper like Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition is $24.99 which is fine as its a digital title only but if it were a retail title it would be $60. I just can't see myself paying $60 again for the same game. I done it before on the PS2 when Konami would release an updated version of Metal Gear Solid 2/3 but not again. Could anyone see where I am going with this? I like remasters but they need to be done right. Also vote with your wallet as I have passed up numerous remasters as I don't feel like rebusing them for a second time.

Most Helpful Guy

• The remakes, in my opinion, are mainly for those people who didn't play the game in its original generation.

Plus they're rather cheap to make compared to an original title.

• MHO! :-D

Look up the economics of the video game industry; it's rather interesting stuff. These game developers are very much concerned about not being able to make enough money to stay in business, with the #1 concern being second-hand sale of video games (aka gamers buying used games), because the company doesn't get jack shit off of any money a second hand game being re-sold generates.

The next generation of consoles is going to be very interesting! I predict some DRM implementations that are going to enrage gamers are going to happen. #BraceYourself

What Girls Said 3

• "Tired"? ;D

I am. I'm also tired of the great legends constantly being remade. Do we really need a Mario Party 10? Or a new Sonic?

I know that with the Legend of Zelda, you can do a lot of things with still, but even that is getting pretty repetitive.

• But the final fantasy remaster is amazing <3

• yeah i am.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope, some of them are decent

I think that the M. 2033 R. is worth it just for the enhanced 2033 experience, new character models, new lighting, new everything. Perfect for the playstation players

And Doom 3 BFG. . . 3 games, 2 expansions on 1 disk. And you get that helpful piece of equipment, it's kind of cheap so I'd say it's worth it

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• that's really good.. i'd luv 2 see some remastered version of tekken 4 or MK deadly alliance :D

• I think it's a cash grab, honestly. If a game is good enough, the graphics shouldn't matter. I can still play old SNES games and not care about the graphics, because they are classic games.