Majoring in psychology?

I'm a senior in high school and will be going off to college next year. I was always planning to major in psychology. And I know there's many aspects to it, like clinical psychology, business, marketing etc. I tried Googling most of it but I couldn't get answers. And I don't know which fied should I enter into? Like clinical, business etc. I was hoping that some of the gag users that are majoring in psychology could help.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not majoring in psychology, my major is social work, but the two fields are closely related. I've taken several psychology classes. I think the first thing you should do is figure out where you want to go to college and then maybe contact that school and see if you can set up a meeting with the department chair of the psychology department. That's what I did when I was figuring out what I wanted to do. That would be the best person to talk to. They would be able to give you all of the necessary information so you can decide if this is really the field you want to go into or not.

• The problem here is the college I wanna study is in overseas. I'm studying abroad after high school..

• well do you know what university you want to attend? There should still be some way to contact the school in order to get information.

• Thanks for MH!

What Guys Said 5

• Social psychology or organizational psychology or sociology would all be okay. Then you could be a manager or administrator, and yes there's also marketing psychology.

• May I know what's the difference? And what do you study, like in marketing/social/business?

• My dad said one of his highschool friends in highschools was a psychologist and quit his job because he found out that you can never really tell what people are thinking.

• Did he think psychologist meant mind reader? No wonder he had to quit.

• @GirlScoutsRevenge To make a long story short from what I just said. He was a genius was a psychologist for years and quit because if you think you know what makes a person crazy, if you think you know how the mind works, you're only kidding yourself.

• Yeah exactly, he obviously went it to it with false expectations. Having studied psychology briefly myself it's incredibly evident how difficult and impossible a task it is to fully understand the human psyche.

• @xxhoneybeexx maybe she can help

• Which field are you most interested in?

• Children, I love kids; otherwise statistics

• my brother majored in psychology and it turned out to be a total waste cuz they only job he could get with a b. s. was a social worker which he didn't want to do.

Apparently you need a masters or phd to do much more than that. keep that in mind.

What Girls Said 2

• I am actually contemplating going back to school and majoring in psychology. It is one of two majors I am trying to decide between. I am personally wanting to go into Clinical Psychology, specializing in people with chronic illnesses and disabilities.

• All I know is it's a lot of schooling before you make any money.