When you think of Asian women or men do you mean the whole of asia? What I wanna know do you only think of chinese, korean, thai etc?

Because to us people who are born in asia are Asian. I am confuse as to what westerners (yes Americans, europeans) refer to when they say asian? Because in asia there's a lot of races.. for example. I'm African Asian with a mix of African, indian, chinese and malay.. and trust me im not the only one.. so yeah.. no racism please

Most Helpful Guy

• "When you think of Asian women or men do you mean the whole of asia?"
    No.

"What I wanna know do you only think of chinese, korean, thai etc?"
    Yes.

If I'm told that woman is from Asia, I would think of: Japan, Korea, China, Thailand, maybe Indonesia.
    But if I want to tell someone about Asian woman, I would prefer to say directly her nationality, like: she is Japanese, Korean, etc.; of course if I know her nationality for
    sure.
    Dunno why >_> Though to say "she is Asian" more easier... :)

• Hmm.. Yeah saying his/her nationality makes it clearer which race you're refering to.. thanks 👍

What Guys Said 4

• What is classified as Asian varies from one group of people to the next.
    For example, in Britain the term Asian applies to Indians/Pakistanis and Chinese/Japanese/Koreans et al. are called East Asian.
    Here in Australia, Asian means East Asian and Indians and Pakistanis are called Indian and Pakistani.

• Ahh.. I guess if you put it that way its easier to distinguish.. thanks!

• They generally mean oriental.

• Most people mean East Asian. People from India are usually referred to as... Indian.

• I am indian. So i guess i too come in Asian guy i guess

What Girls Said 1

• It really depends on who is the majority Asian in that country.

In the US it's Chinese, so "asian" = Chinese or people that look a lot like Chinese, like the vietnamese, korean, etc.

In Britain, it's Indians, Pakistanis, so "asian" = people from south Asian countries