Do you think China and the usa will be engaged in full scaled war before 2020?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• Might could be. I don't think one way or another. About that... >_> If it happens, it's going to be hell on Earth, 'cause the world economy is going to get entirely fucked, I think. It would be WW3, and this one would probably destroy a lot of the planet, if not all of it, not to mention a hell of a lot of civilians, 'cause some asshole is going to throw a nuke at some point. Probably the desperate loser. I wouldn't put it past the U. S. or China. Hydrogen bombs, many times more destructive than atomic bombs, 450 times more destructive than the one dropped on Hiroshima. Who the hell knows what other kinds of super destructive explosives people have developed since the hydrogen bomb. We made these things in the 1950s. 65 year later, we've probably got a bomb the size of a button that could blow the entire Earth up. Maybe, maybe not. In any case, there would be some super heavy handed blows raining down on the entire world. Neutron bombs. Atomic bombs. Hydrogen bombs. Neutron bombs. Electromagnetic bombs. Dirty bombs. I would think, and hope, that the U. S. and China aren't stupid enough to get into a mutually-assured-destruction war. They would have to be suicidal, or willing to destroy all their people and everything else.

Ah, yes. Here it is. Little boy, had 15 kilotons of destructive power. The modern Castle Bravo had 15,000 kilotons of destructive power...1,000 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. They've probably got stronger ones, now, too.

If anything could do it, it would be the U. S. refusing to ever pay back the money they loaned us, though... Although, it looks like we only owe them 1 trillion dollars. "only". But still. I thought we owed them a lot more. If it was like 10 trillion, then I could easily imagine the overly powerful U. S. and its overly powerful military saying, "Well. Whatcha gonna do about it if we don't wanna pay?"

We're in an economic war. Of course, the whole world is and has been. And China's economy has already overtaken the U. S.'s. In another few decades, they'll be the big dogs, so I doubt they would risk all that economic development on a war of mutual self-destruction. As for the U. S., if our shit tanks any lower, we might just become the desperate ones. 20 trillion in debt. Though, I think we'll more likely continue to wage wars on undeveloped countries and steal their resources before we fucked with China. I'm not sure what either would get out of it.

What Girls Said 1

• i don't think it will happen

What Guys Said 17

• China isn't that dumb to go to war with the U. S. China's economy relies too much on America and its money. China getting on the U. S. bad side will result in the U. S shifting their money and businesses to other developing countries like India and Brazil, and that simple act will demolish China and its economy.

• Probably not, it would entice WW3 and engulf the world in the flames of war once more, and nobody not even the Chinese want that, and one thing I can guarantee about the United States of America is that is we go down we will drag every last one of you down to hell with us.

Besides China and us rely on each other our business with them making our products severing that tie would greatly influence each of our nations should we break ties. Though if it were up to me I would sever tries with them and bring the jobs, factories, money and US quality back to the United States.

• Eventually China will make a move to userp the U. S. as the dominant country in the world. It will probably be an economic take over of some kind that will likely result in the collapse of most western nations and will hit the U. S. hardest of all.

This happens over and over again throughout history, the big question is if the U. S. will respond with war or not. They might not because of nuclear weapons, or it could turn into a proxy war like we see in the middle east against Russia, or Vietnam ending in the economic collapse of one of them.

• It's possible but just speculation. China is on it's way to becoming what America has been for a while. They want to be more involved in world affairs. Currently America has superior weaponry but other countries, including China are catching up. Especially with America's defense budget being cut. Personally I think the fastest way to war with China would be through Japan. Chinese/Japanese relations are not good at the moment and Obama officially stated that if china attacked Japan America would come to Japan's defense. If the democrat said that I think a republican president would also choose to take military action in such a case. So while China may not directly instigate war by attacking America, they may get it anyway by attacking Japan. A Chinese/Japanese war in the next 5-10 years is not outside the realm of possibility. Some people have also said that China would never attack America because it would be against both their best interests but I don't think that's really true. America is in debt to China, and China would like nothing more than to take America's place as the reigning military superpower. Currently we are not directly at odds with China, but if history shows us anything it's that war is always around the corner, and humans are not above going to war for petty reasons. I don't remember who said it but there's a quote that goes "only the dead have seen the end of war". Also being the two biggest superpowers there might end up being a "this world isn't big enough for the two of us attitude. All that being said I'm not saying there will be a war. I'm just saying it's a more likely than people think possibility and complacency is bad.

• I agree China-japan relations are more likely to start a war than china america relations

• The Chinese aren't that dumb. If anything their ruthless efficiency will make them the last to break I reckon.

• hope not... it's shitty

• Any war with 2 super powers will not end well, neither country wants a full scale war

• That would be in neither powers interest. Although we may see some proxy wars in the decade after that.

• No I sure hope not and I don't think so. Relations aren't really that bad. But if it did happen my loyalties will be questioned.

• its already going on. I firmly believe we are fully in world war 3 right now. its just being fought vastly differently than any war we have seen before. drones, proxy wars, cyber war, economic warfare, social warfare etc.

• Nope. The economic casualty is too great too ignore.

• no, I think if we go to full scale war with anyone it would be ISIS

• It would destroy each other's economy.

• "China will grow larger."
    "We have BIG plans."
    "Building for the Chinese empire."
    "Let's build!"
    "Mmm... Nice location."
    "It will look real nice when it's done."
    "That's a good plan, general."
    "Construction built to spec."

"I'm just a peasant!"
    "Ow! OK, OK, I will work!"
    "This hammer is heavy!"
    "Are there not better tools?"
    "Can we not live in peace?"
    "Can I have some shoes?"
    "Does it have to be so far?"
    "My hands have splinters..."
    "I'm hungry..."
    "You change your mind often."

... whoever gets the reference earns enough points to buy Drew Carey's desk.

• What about them missles North Korea got facing Hawaii
    and the thing no one can stop them they stay put so we
    better be ready?

• We all know either China or Russia are giving Korea those missiles

• No because I don't think it is on either interest to start a war

• China could ruin the US. All they have to do is sell their bonds and presto... done

• But China does not really own our bonds, the business men in China does. Also they only own maybe 10 percent of our bonds.

• 10 percent is enough... do you know how much that is? And I'm betting Chinese businessmen would probably side with China