Rome or Amsterdam? Which would you suggest I visit?

I'm planning a trip very soon and can't decide wither to go through Amsterdam or Rome, which would you suggest and why?

• Rome
  • Amsterdam
If the voting is close enough I'll have to do what I always do and choose both.
Well, I hate easyjet now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like both (have been to both). I have some family that lives an hour or so from Amsterdam and it is a cool, fun place. But it also has some great art, food and things to see. Rome feels ancient (mixed with modern), and has such a deep history. They also have amazing architecture, art and food.

I picked Rome for the food to be totally honest. Pasta Imperiale was one of my favorite places to eat, and I've lived in Italy for a few years. I love pasta and pizza so, that's why I picked it haha. I think you'll have a great time in either place. :)

What Girls Said 8

• I chose Rome because I live in Amsterdam ;) But Amsterdam is great to visit. The thing with The Netherlands is your not bound to one city, it's such a small country that you could visit so many cities that are also worth visiting. You could just tour the entire country in one weekend! So you can get the real Dutch experience!

• It all depends what you want and like. Rome is ancient culture, Amsterdam is partly culture and more fun. If you like wheat, go to Amsterdam. But why only those two. There are other fancy cities in Europe: Berlin, Paris, London, Madrid, Antwerp, Bilbao, Krakow, Prague, ...

• Amsterdam...
    But I live in a city almost identical to Rome... so it's nothing exotic to me.

• I'd go to Rome. Because, it's Rome. Lol.

• Rome, because there is so much to see/do.

• Amsterdam, been recently, everyone is really friendly. They all speak English and there's loads to do 👍

• Rome, i like this city the most compared to florence and milano

• I'd choose both if you're able to, but Amsterdam if I had to pick between the two

What Guys Said 7

• all roads lead 2 rome...

• ahhh that is such a hard choice! Do both?

• I'd prefer Amsterdam, but then I'm not much of a Mediterranean bloke.

• Both. And every place in between.

• Rome in a heart beat! !

• I prefer Roman history.

• My vote to amsterdam weed is legal there if you smoke.