Is it alright to leave my laptop charger in all the time or would that damage it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I leave it in most of the time and it is many, many years old and still running. The battery life is shorter now than new, but that is normal over time. I know some people who charge it and leave it alon, only using it when out where there is no power. Otherwise, they keep the battery out and plug in the charger to run the laptop, but I think not all laptops are able to do that.

What Girls Said 4

• Errrr I have to keep mine charging at all times because my laptop needs a new battery, and if I do not leave it plugged in, it will turn off on me while am using it. I unplug it after am finished with it though. :)

• It could overheat... but I always leave my iPad charger in and nothing has happened to that so...

• It would damage it, don't do it.

• it would damage it.

What Guys Said 6

• i always do this

• it's bad for the laptop, but this one shuts down without warning and the battery icon is a lie, so I have no choice but to keep the charger on the whole time

• This advice has helped me.

• i think its fine it do it all the time and its works perfectly

• Well mine has been plugged into the wall for about 3 years. Yes leaving it plugged in all the time would make the battery go bad. You should unplug your laptop like once a week and use it on battery power, other than that it won't hurt a thing. That's just lawyer talk in the manual. Keeping companies from getting sued.

• They say it overheats so be careful