Why did I never grow taller during puberty?

My father is several inches taller than me (6'0 or so), and I'm slightly shorter than 5'7. I haven't grown since I was 12-years-old in early-to-mid puberty. I'm now 18 years old, and I've been searching for a reason to discover why I never grew taller. My shortest male relative is about 3 inches taller than me, so genetics was never the problem.

Apparently, I was supposed to grow my fastest at age 14--but I was long done growing taller by that age. My musculature developed fantastically, but my height never increased. What happened?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• perhaps your body did not create enough growth hormone to get you to that height

• I don't think so, otherwise my musculature wouldn't have developed.

What Guys Said 3

• I've grown 2 inches since I was 18, you'll get there just be patient, its all in the genes

• just genetics... you can take growth hormone but you are getting to the end of where it can help you

• Everybody is different my friend