Fastest and/or best ways to learn language (s)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Learn with your ears, I mean you have to listen to a lot of different conversations in that language, YouTube and the Internet in general is the best source for that, and of course if you can live in a country where that language is spoken then it would be better, however I learned English by myself throw the Internet and movies but of course it would be better if I lived in an English speaking country for a while. Which language (s) would you like to learn?

• Russian***
      Hebrew***
      Spanish*****
      Portuguese****
      Mandarin**

The stars represent the importance because it has to do with being more marketable in real estate

But I'll take those tips

• Thank you

• Np!
      Filler

What Guys Said 11

• Ok, here's what you do. Type in "Bethseda" into any search engine you want, then find the forum and start reading those fallout 4 threads

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

Nah, but seriously though. I think the best way is to have someone who's bilingual teach you, since they know the foreign language well they can explain things to you, point out pronunciation errors and you can practice mock conversations with them + much more (I could go on but. . . )

Always remember, C'est la vie

• Listen a lot to and interact with native speakers.

On the internet you can listen to podcasts in about every language.

Get dvds with subtitled movies (for the deaf) in the language you want to learn better.

At 12, my son started looking to English subtitled Startrek movies
    He did the same with German Krimis (police series)
    Many years later, he presented his math Ph. Dr. in front of an English speaking jury.

He peaks as many languages as my wife and I do. (I learned my first bits of Italian and German age 6 or 7 by doing the grocery shopping in Italy and Germany, learned more later, of course. )

• Live in the country where the language is spoken. I've done this with swedish and it was very effective.

• Rosetta Stone
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• i'll post a question about it today... it's a really serious topic

(english 4 ever yo 8) )

• Just by watching TV or listening to the song in that language

• Go to the country where they speak only that language. It's not the cheapest, but you will learn very quickly and become more fluent than anyone who takes an expensive tutoring class for years.

• Watch foreign movies with English subtitles a lot

• Is to live with a person of a different language, let's say French. Live with them for a month or more, in their house, their rules, and they will only Speak French, oh you'll improve

• Flashcard software is supposed to be good. E. g. SuperMemo, Anki.

• google translate

What Girls Said 9

• The fastest way is to just drop into the middle of the culture and your brain will start picking it up.

The best way is probably to get the basics down and then drop into the middle of a culture and then build out from there.

The most practical way is to look into classes online via duolingo or around town to see if there are any cheap language classes.

• Watch TV shows/movies in that language.
    Talk to people who speak that language.
    Listen to songs in that language.
    Apps.. like Duolingo n stuff.

• You could try duolingo. That or watch the videos with subs.

Which language are you wanting to learn?

https://www.duolingo.com/

• Live in the country that speaks the language you want to learn. Undoubtedly the best way.

But there's an app called 'Duolingo' that's really really good for learning basic grammar and vocab of a few languages: https://www.duolingo.com

• I think it starts from basic and then gets more advanced as you progress.

• Someone JUST told me about. Gonna try it later

• Total immersion in a place where they fon't speak anything but the language you're trying to learn.

• Duolingo is awesome! I've been learning Spanish and Italian on it for a while now, and it's going really well!

• My aunt learned English just by watching tv

• Go to the country they speak that language.. and where no one is willing to speak yours.

• By immersing yourself in that culture. I find learning a language out of necessity is the quickest way to do it...