Why did you cheat?

If you've ever cheated on someone... why did you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never cheat, ever! It's such a bad thing to do. I mean why don't you just break up if you feel the urge to have sex with someone else.. I don't understand people who do that :(

• I would like to first say that I've never cheated on anyone. So, having this off the table, I think I know why people cheat instead of breaking up: because they want to still stay together with their partner. See, I'm not gonna lie about it: I've thought about cheating on my girlfriend. I believe it's completely normal to do so when you have been with the same person for a long time (I've been together with her for five years). Anyone does. But to understand this sort of feeling or thoughts, you have to have been with somebody for a long time. Back when I was a teenager and only had short relationships, I couldn't understand why my dad cheated on my mom. Now I do (which doesn't mean I condone it!). I love my girlfriend more than anything else but having sex with the same person can get dull at one point. Humans are not meant to be completely monogamous. So, while I think it's not right to cheat but not break up, I also understand it. I want to stay with my girlfriend for the rest of my

• life. I think it's the biggest dream I have in my life. But can I really be monogamous with her for plus/minus 60 years? And do I want that? She has been the first person I had sex with. So... can I really have sex with just one single person in my life and be okay with that? The only honest answer to this is: I don't know. At the moment I'm still fine but what about 30 years from now? It's a pretty difficult dilemma.

What Guys Said 5

• Because the chees wasn't that good so I picked another slice on pizza 🍕... Who can blame me?

• I would never cheat period

• Because I was f@#$%&g young, I was f@#$%&g stupid, I thought I'd never get caught and that I'd never lose her... biggest f@#k up of my life thus far...

• Because that video game was too hard and they kept trolling me. I cheated on my girlfriend in Call of Duty because she is just too damn good.

• No I have never cheated

What Girls Said 3

• i cheated on an ex. i was young and didn't really care about whose feelings i hurt. i was super selfish and only worried about myself. i wish i wouldn't hve done it but i did, and it's something i wouldn't wish upon anybody.

• I haven't.

• I haven't and never would