How much money should a twenty year old have saved up at this point in her life?

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends if you were raised in a white middle class family or if you struggled in poverty as a minority or a disabled person. I know the upper middle class white women generally have about 20,000$ saved up from daddy, friends and family. But if you grew up poor you would be lucky to have 100$ to your name.

• Lol I'm currently at 4k

• So did you grow up poor or wealthy?

• right in between. not much to talk about. I have more of a savings compared to my parents, either it is due to their bills or lack of saving tendencies. Who knows.

What Guys Said 5

• At age 20 you won't have much savings at all. Try to save up enough to cover 3 months of your expenses. That way if you have an injury or lose your job you won't suffer financially.

• If a twenty year old has any money saved at all, they're ahead of the majority of their peers. I don't know, klaatu is right, there is no shoulds. It depends on a lot of things,

My answer would be... SOMETHING. As long as they're making the effort that's a good thing. Can't expect much they probably haven't been working that long

• You are only starting off don't worry

• guess there r no "shoulds"...

• I only had 5k coz I was pissing money up the wall left, right and center. It depends what kind of person you are, if you live and spend of if you save. I expect to see lots of bullshit here. lol

What Girls Said 2

• Save as much as you possibly can

• a few thousand.