Why is shaming language so popular now?

if you dont agree or care about a certain view you're a ___phobic, sexist, mysoginist, blah blah blah politically correct insults!

in my opinion if you use any of that stuff you never had any intentions of having a civil discussion in the first place. itis like a bunch of kid playing and when something happens they dont like they are like nope i won beccause i said so... i dont care about your logic you're just a sore loser ermah gad TRIGGERED!!

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I think part of it is that it's easier for people to call out others for being a ___phobic, sexist, misogynist, etc., and these days it's very important to a lot of people to call it when they see it, try to fight it when they can.

And part of it is that some people are too eager to call out others for being all these things, just because their view is the One True View and all else is evil. I've gotten chewed out by people I agreed with, just because I tried to explain the reasoning behind an opposing viewpoint. Real productive.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah but people take it too far. say for example i dont agree with transgenders. they would call me a transphobic and every other slur they can think of. this kind of thinking is slapping a label on people and itll only get worse because its so easy to do. the purpose of this kind of thing is to take away your freedom of speech its like way back in the 40s where if you said something that didn't agree with the American way someone can label you a communist and then the police take you away never to be seen again. this is the same except you're being verbally crucified for having a different opinion.

• Show All
    • true but unfortunately if you touch a hot topic calmer than a stoned potato they will still set you on fire.

• That is very very true. And bonus points for that analogy.

What Girls Said 4

• A lot of times when people say "that remark is rude" they get back a "why is rude who is it rude to?" So now they tell you exactly how it's rude. Doesn't it show that we've made progress as a group that we have commonly accepted and defined words for the type of discrimination we see?

Obviously no one wants to deal with the sjw kids, or sound like them -_-, but just because they take the words doesn't mean they're not still applicable.

ie. If something is harmful toward one gender, don't you think it's still sexist regardless of how teenagers use the word?

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont think those words are helpful in arguments, debates, or constructive criticism. its just like the "overly offended black people" that call any and everything racist. they won't allow you to have a different view they are going to slap a label on you and try to shut you down.

• Show All
    • if you ask "why is x racist or sexist or whatever label they slap on you" then that changes the entire discussion because you had to answer their loaded question or statement. they aren't calling your act or view ___ they are calling YOU that hence why its a politically correct insult and doesn't contribute to the discussion

• You're still a participant in the discussion. If they can't even give you clarification then you both learn that it's not the type of discrimination they say it is. It's like how you know you win if someone stoops to personal insults. You can redirect with a simple direct attitude, ie "We're talking about how X is racist. Why do you think that it's racist? Can you send me some links?"

• Probably because of Internet keyboard warriors.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kankri is in all of us.

1|0
    0|0
  • its not right!!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• you're just a transmysogiphobexist

2|1
    0|0
  • DAGUMMIT YOU RACIST MISOGYNISTIC PIECE OF GARBAGE! HOW DARE YOU ASK QUESTIONS AND TRY TO LEARN!!!

HOW DARE YOU!!! :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Because it's easier than making an actual argument.

That doesn't mean that some of those words don't have legitimate meanings. But, they are almost always misused.

It stems from cultural-Marxist Herbert Marcuse's notion of not tolerating the intolerant, what is intolerant of course to be decided by him and his followers!

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a good thread of logic to your thoughts.

0|1
    0|0
  • coz it's kewl yo 8)

0|0
    0|0