What's the difference between being attractive and pretty?

I've always wondered. I always hear people say someone is "really attractive" but not particularly pretty. I don't understand how that makes sense.

0|0
7|12

Most Helpful Guy

• Attractive is for someone who you have chemistry with, pretty is just, well, a pretty girl.

3|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Meaningless semantics of language.

3|1
    0|0
  • attractive > pretty

i guess...

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how one can be attractive without being pretty...

2|0
    0|0
  • Me admitting you are "pretty" doesn't necessarily mean that I am actually attracted to you.
    Also, people tend to use the term "pretty" for girls who use excessive quantities of makeup. Not sure why. I think it looks weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't have a difference maybe at an age level I might use pretty for a younger woman

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • pretty = looks.
    attractive = looks plus personality

0|0
    0|0
  • I think attractive they mean like sexy and turned them on cuz off body or dress
    And pretty like beautiful i think.
    But do you know how i can be xper level 2 or 3?

0|0
    0|0
  • Great body. Not so great face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Return to your original thread

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty is like good looking, or theoretically attractive, but not particularly attractive to me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• If you're attractive then you're pretty. But you can be pretty without being attractive. To me attractiveness means that there is a magnetism that pulls you to that person's appearance, but with pretty people they are easy on the eyes though they don't necessarily "attract" you

5|0
    0|0
  • Pretty - pretty face.
    Attractive - I guess both is above average a bit - but more so body I'd say - and style the person has.

1|0
    0|0
  • Attractive has more to do with having a nice personality and people usually want to be your friend. An attractive person can also be good looking. Pretty is just the pleasing feminine aspects of someone's outer appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • attractive can mean anything like your body or smile

0|0
    0|0
  • I find many people I meet pretty or good looking, but I can't really find someone attractive or want to date them unless I get to know them a bit as a person :)

0|0
    0|0
  • being attactive can mean that you have a nice body and a nice soul
    pretty is they like ur face

0|0
    0|0
  • that makes no sense...

0|0
    0|0