What if god created us in his image by evolution?

What if god made us evolve to be like him? Like that's how he made us in him image? I was just thinking because I'm a spiritual person and I also believe in evolution and I've been thinking of ways for those ideas to coexist. Do you think this is possible or I'm looking too far into it? Doesn't anyone else think this? As always thanks for the opinions (:

Most Helpful Girl

• There's also the perspective that sentience -self-awareness -is how we are made in the image of god. I've always been fond of (although uncertain about) the idea that something/someone set off the big bang and put all forms of evolution -life, stars, planets, whatever -in motion -maybe nudging it here or there along the way -maybe not, depending on how involved you want the creator to be.

• Yeah I didn't think of it like that but I thnk it makes more sense than what I'm saying. Thanks for your help (:

What Girls Said 1

• They could coincide. The world holds so much mystery. I have always felt this way myself:)

What Guys Said 11

• Many scholars consider free will as the "made in his image" not the actual physicality of our being. God would not have a physical being or gender. Further more evolution is the explanation of how things change not how they came into existence, in order for something to evolve it must first exist. Then their is the many many other ideas on God, their is an indian philosophy where all are Brahma/God, and that our indiviuality is an illusion. to explain: you have an electron which is separate and diffrent from a proton or neutron yet when you move up a scale you see that it makes up an atom, and each atom is separate and diffrent from other atoms until you move up and see they make up one molecule which makes an amino acid chain which makes up cells, tissues, organs, people and animals. Most people stop their but the philosophy is that what if this great chain keeps going and we are no more than an electron or cell in something more? Do not confine your ideas to the limitations of science or religion, these are just tools meant to guide us to understanding and truth. Once one becomes obsolete, discard it and seek another means to find the truth.

• Nah , we've reached peak natural evolution a by science.
    The future of evolution will be determined by science , society and most importantly - you.

Yes , as famously said by Neitschze.
    izquotes.com/.../...friedrich-nietzsche-308722.jpg

Technology will now be the driving power of evolution.
    Not who is the strongest , or has the best eyesight or whatever. Oh no no... SCIENCE and SOCIETY.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF5O1zza2qI

• Technology and evolution are different things. I'm pretty sure the asker was not talking about social evolution.

• @BarbaraP
      Talking about multiple things here. Social evolutionary pressure is easy to understand enough. seen in nature

• The image of God is not so much physical, God has no arms, legs, feet and such. The image is the ability feel, think, love, forgive, feel betrayed and the such. You can also think things into existance through manifestation.

• That would seem to be the rational way to accept the science of evolution and maintain a faith in God.

• *hits blunt*
    Who created God
    cdn.watchloud.com/.../hits-blunt.jpg

• What if God just watched things like evolution happen.

• We are constantly evolving and aren't going to look the same way we do today for the rest of humanity. We also don't know what God looks like, so I'm not sure if your theory works. Very interesting idea though!

• If god did exist and create every thing i think it would have been more of jump start job, he just started life and let it run its own course

• We'll be similar to him someday but not through evolution.

• You are thinking way too much here bro

• O now you're just being difficult...