Who bends the truth more in order to avoid being seen as shallow? Men or women?

Also explain why you think what you think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Women. Women are usually shallow the most and are heartless and cruel so they lie

• You're very smart for your age. Don't ever lose that.

What Girls Said 4

• I think both genders can be guilty of this. I've seen it with guys and girls.

• I think it's an individual thing. I don't think it's based on gender. See I'm one of those people who say what I want no matter how bad it is. I'm being honest and that's it, I don't attempt to bend the truth or sugar coat it. But that's me. Others feel the need to keep up a reputation, they don't wanna look bad or shallow. I think it's got nothing to do with gender. See I don't care if people think I'm shallow, im not gonna bend the truth because of it.

• But are you? I think men can admit being shallow more than women

• I usually hear women say that confidence and personality matters most, but they often "forget" to imply that initial attractiveness matters most.

• That's what I say because attractiveness doesn't matter at all for me. I say it from life experiences therefore I don't think someone can imply I'm wrong

• Lobsters. We all know they are crabs. But those little fuckers like waving their tails around to try and convince us otherwise.

• The lights on but I guess nobody's home.

• Nope. No one. I better play up the women stereotype. Hold on, let me play stupid for your entertainment.

• No stereotype at all.

• Women especially if she is not desperate she has no reason to lie but does not want to seem picky.

• Why deny the picky fact? Pickiness exists.

• But its not the case most of the time. I think that guys can handle pickiness from the opposite sex more than vice versa because guys are the only ones that have to risk getting rejected.

• That is if women are not approaching men which most are not lol so I guess you're right. I don't really think its a gender thing though everyone has preferences and depending on what a person's intentions are they won't be picky if their goal is to leech off someone so initially they might reject them in their mind but because they want something from you, then you don't really know until after that you were not their type and that is something that men and women are capable of.

What Guys Said 6

• I think that might be a flaw of men who feel they have to make themselves seem deeper than they really are - I don't think women suffer from the delusions of deepness.

• Men are attacked more for being picky than women. It's ok for a woman to call a man fat but it's not ok for a man to call a woman fat.

• Women, but not by much. Men tend to own it when they say yeah I care a lot of a womans looks.

• Do you mean the girl who smiles sweetly and says she has only been with one other man, when the reality is that she has gang bangs at a swingers' club every Friday night?

• Men are usually a pretty straight forward jackasses and a douche, so I'd say women

• Women, because they're attacked for having preferences

• Maybe the reason why that happens is because of the belief that men are supposedly the only ones that are shallow.

• I suggest you think that through a bit more.