Why do people get mad when I laugh at them for yelling at me?

I was at work yesterday day and have worn out my welcome. I've been in the same restuarant working part time for 4 years. Theirs drama and everyone has their moment and last night a waitress flipped out on me and when she was done I laughed at her cause its a serving job she can chill out. She called me a lazy dbag and said I need to straighten up. When I said speak for yourself she walked away crying. This happens a lot to me and people awlays tell me that my I have a lazy attitude.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well who the fuck was she to yell at you, LMAO?

• She was mad cause I wasn't acting serious enough. I am in college and this job is a joke.

What Girls Said 2

• Probably cuz u never take anything seriously when u have to. Some people might be mad from the start and when they see that you aren't taking them seriously, and instead of helping, u laugh, then that'll obviously make them more mad. Put ur self in their situation. Wouldn't u want to be taken seriously in serious situatioons?

• You do. She was mad at you. Take it into consideration. I'm thinking you did do something to trigger the reaction.

• She claimed I wasn't paying attention to the service bar.

What Guys Said 3

• you embarrassed that old fart. Way to go.

• Why did she flip though? Don't underestimate the horeca jobs, they can be hard

• I was joking with people at the bar ( I bar tend ) and the service bar went off and she flipped cause I had tk make her drink for her table. That's why I told her to off and pretty much said I don't need this job.

• Either you are a troll or really inconsiderate person to not understand why that would bother them. It is because you made them angry enough to yell at you, and then further disrespected their feelings by not giving a fuck that you had already hurt them.

• Well most people yell back at there and I just l chuckle cause I don't like to yell. So if I say my bad and giggle its better than screaming back right?

• You upset them and laugh when you see that you got to them. Imagine I said something that really made you made. Lets do an extreme example to better illustrate the point and assume a loved one of yours died. Then I start singing "Ding dong the witch is dead!" so you get angry and yell at me. How would you feel if I laughed in your face after that? When you offend someone to the point they feel the need to confront you about it, laughing about the fact you offended them is just going to piss them off even more. It shows a complete lack of empathy.