Girls, Is this a from of abuse?

I will fucking lay a hand on you if you don’t leave the room. (While moving me out of the room) my mom just told me this this morning and I don't know if this is becoming a form of abuse.

• yes (explain)
  • no (explain)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

23

Most Helpful Girl

• More like a brain-snap which most parents have. If she apologizes and shows obvious signs of remorse, then no. But if it is a occurring incident and been like that for a long duration of time, then yes. Not everything is sweet, love. Part of real world is experiencing all emotions from everyone.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 22

• No... she just said it.
    God some people are so sensitive...

• Depends on situation, if she had a reason to tell you that then its understandable (even though not nice), but if she told it just because then she is definitely not the nicest parent out there hahaha

Anyways if she didn't actually do anything, she probably just had a bad day and dont think into it too much.

• Hmmm depends on the context. Some parents joke like this and the child is a-ok with it.

If you didn't like it, and she wasn't joking, tell her so.

• Its a mental abuse that makes you scared of her. Its showing that she has authority over you and wants you to feel threatened and do as she says. If you don't do what she says, you will be punished (physically). Its a stigma to make the other person more afraid and know they don't have the power.

• It means you're pushing me to breaking point, now get out of my face before I slap you.

You haven't told us why she said it. I'm sure you did something to wind her up to that point.

• Na, now if she punched you in the face and called you a slot while dragging you out the bedroom.. Ok, yes that is abuse.

It all depends really, did she have a bipolar moment (you didn't do anything, she just snapped)?

We're you bothering her?

Just relax, don't stress yourself out. Give her space, see what happens as the day goes on.

Don't over think the situation.

Good luck 🍀

• no because she didn't physically or mentally/emotionally harm you. If she had said "I will fucking lay a hand on you, you disgusting fat/anorexic pig, if you don't leave this room". That's verbal abuse because she's 'hurting' you mentally. also if she had actually laid a hand on you that wouldve been physical abuse.

• she is your mom.. this is not a big deal.. love her and dont b sensitive about whatever she says..

• Why was your mother so angry? Were you talking back?

• I need more background story.

• It's not physical abuse unless she actually does hurt you but it is verbal abuse

• She's threatening you, I wouldn't say it's abuse yet.

• im very confused about your question

• no its not quite emotional abuse and it isn't physical abuse... ITS JUST RUDE lol

• I don't think its abuse if she repeatedly does it (hits you) and somewhat seems to enjoy it. Depends

• maybe verbal abuse, but nothing you can tell on her for if you would dare.

• no my mom always say these things to me

• No she just sounds like an angry aggressive person.
    Abuse would be someone like my dad who would hit me and pretty much throw me out of the room while calling me something horrible

Funny to think she was once your age hey? I wonder if she imagined herself being a sweet mother. I guess you can learn from her and what not to do

• It sounds like what my mom said to me. I think some physical forms of punishment are okay as long as they'e not extreme. My mom used it on me and I'm a pretty good person. lol.

• There are many forms of abuse and yes this is verbal abuse if you feel threatened that she will harm you but if you were just aggravating her and it's something she just says not thinking about it then it's not abusr just rude. Sometime my daughter drives me batty and I say I'm going to beat u to death and she laughs cause she knows I would never hurt her and that I'm just blowing off steam and of course hearing her laugh is adorable

• Yes. It is a threat. If ur dot sure u should ask her if she meant it. If she seems to say mean thinks and isn't kind to you you should tell someone (grandparent, teacher, officer)

• she's threatening you yes, but thats not really considered abuse until she actually does something.