What do you think is the best RTS game?

I love RTS games. I played Universe at war (a criminally unknown game), Halo Wars, command&conquer 3, command&conquer 3 Kain's wrath, Spore (each stage is a different genre of game), and Lord of the Rings: battle for middle Earth. What others do you reccomend?

Most Helpful Guy

• It hurts to see that you didn't mention Age of Empires, Warcraft and Rise of Nations.. some names that almost every kid knows.

• World of Warcraft is an RPG, not an RTS.

• These 3 are one of the best RTS and one of the most famous too. Try playing, it'll be fun. Other than these 3, I have played civilization, stronghold crusader, age of mythology, battle realms, etc

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 7

• Your forgetting Supreme Comannder my friend, also Ruse is a great one :) I wish they made a halo wars 2 it was for me a great success...

• i used 2 play command n conquer almost 2 decades ago on PSX... played it recently.. still kinda hard game :|

• StarCraft and Age of Empires.

• StarCraft 2. I never kept up with the competitive scene, but it's basically designed to carry on the competitive legacy from SC:Brood War. It's popular with plenty of resources around the net, it's modern and has a high skill ceiling.

• the dawn of war series is one of my favs I like a lot of the 40K games : )

• Here's something my brother once read on the internet about 40K: "Warhammer 40K: The universe where the faction that's a cross between the Spanish Inquisition and Space Nazis-- are the GOOD guys."

As much as I agree with the above statement, I have read a lot of the Lexicanum, and I have to say, it's incredibly badass.

• Ah well you are refering to the human imperium yeah its quite intresting, the humans do love their emperor god who was essentalley a god since he was able to be formed from the souls of thousands of phycers before he was born thus changing his phisyology and making him immortal through out the years, as much as most humans worship himlike their god its only a few sects that are super zelot about it such as the space marines and the sisters of battle, there has been many acounts within the lore of the universe of the human race joinning the Tau empire for the sake of the greater good and other settlements of humans who dont follow the imperium of man : )

• I kinda wish they would write a story where all the races native to this galaxy and the Warp unite to exterminate the tyranids and save the universe from the hive mind.

• C&c red alert 2

• Just the trailers for Starcraft 2 made me pee a little...