Who has eaten these foods banned in the bible?

Leviticus 11 bans a TON of animals from being eaten (it's THE basis for Kosher law); beyond shellfish and pig, it also says you can't eat camel, rock badger, rabbit, eagle, vulture, buzzard, falcon, raven, crow, ostrich, owl, seagull, hawk, pelican, stork, heron, bat, winged insects that walk on four legs unless they have joints to jump with like grasshoppers (?), bear, mole, mouse, lizard, gecko, crocodile, chameleon and snail.

Which of these have you eaten?

Most Helpful Girl

• this is sad im sorry that so many people take the bible out of context the old testament kosher laws were fulfilled by jesus making all foods clean bro

• I know that this was done. It was to make it easier for Romans and non Jews to join. But that isn't the point.

• okay gotcha don't freak bro

• thank you

What Girls Said 5

• Most people do not eat these things to begin with. The only common food is pig and shell fish and I don't eat oysters anymore cause I became allergic to them a couple of months ago. I never liked the taste of pork and will only eat pork when I don't have any other options - if there is no other food cooked or if we have excess pork and it has to get devoured before it goes bad.

• never had ostrich?

• snake... not too tasty is it

• I had it when I was 3-4 years old so I don't remember it very well. It tasted like salted fish. A very mild taste.

• I 've eaten shellfish, pig, rabbit and snails. Those rules applied to jews only, not christians though.

• Snails, shellfish, and pork:) and I don't regret even one of them... never mind I regret the snails... the snails were very bad

• ohh... yes, bad snails are really bad. Never a rabbit?

• Nope I've never had rabbit... I have pet rabbits so I don't really like the idea of eating them

• Only Shellfish, crocodile and pork. But I don't eat meat anymore

• Shellfish and pig.

• oink. I have never had camel but I have had a LOT of the others. (I have lived all over the world).

What Guys Said 9

• This was Old Testament Law. Christians no longer live under law but under grace. That said, I'll often put a little pickled gecko into my salad whenever I can sneak an opportunity. (Apologies to Warren Buffett and Geico).

• I have eaten rabbit and pork

• Shellfish, pig, rabbit, frog are only ones I can think off.

• I've eaten rabbit and really enjoyed it. It was barbecued with a great sauce.

• yes, rabbit is damned good. Now you know why everything eats them...

• I've eaten snail (which tastes better than it looks) and rabbit.

• I think most atheist haven't eaten all those animals

• probably not the rock badger or the mole

• I've eaten croc and snail. I'd eat a bear if given the chance.

• not me. the bible is a book of myths.

• Myth, fact, history, poetry, wisdom and theology. There is a lot there. You should read it. It is quite interesting.

• *great

• the bible is only like 5000 years old compared to other transcripts. Its fairly a new book.

• None, but I'm not religious, I'm a vegetarian, but I don't think most people eat any of these.

• I think Pork, Shellfish (shrimp, clams, oysters), and rabbit are the most common.

• Oh, I read over pork. That's common. And shellfish too.