If someone starts sweating on their face for no apparent reason, is that an indicator of drug use?

Just wondering. Like maybe drug withdrawal? Like if they are sweating profusely and it's not even hot out or they're not nervous or anything

I haven't used drugs very much so I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be
    but it can also be for a multitude of other reasons

What Guys Said 11

• It could also, be a sign of illness, auch as fever, or that they have an overactive thyroid, or surprisingly that they are ajving a hot flash.

• "Like if they are sweating profusely and it's not even hot out or they're not nervous or anything"

or they melt in the heat very easily.
    I melt at 20C

• It could be, but if the skin feels cold it can also be a sign someone is going into shock.
    It's typical for a heart attack, for example. The heart can't cope anymore and our body withdraws all the heat it can miss there, from the skin. That's why the skins feels cold.
    Of course, emotional shock would make you sweat as well!
    And different drugs will probably have different symptoms. Most will make you excited I guess, that's why addicts use them.

• hahhaha no... not at all!

• "I haven't used drugs very much so I don't know."

I can't believe you used to shoot smack!

But no, some people just sweat.

• It can be a sign.

• Not always. Some people naturally sweat more than others! :-D

• Yeah that or they just have really bad cardio lol

• Maybe they just ate some hot chilli?

• No it's not!

• Yeah i got a relative who gets hot and sweaty
    they had a bad drug addiction she's been on
    methadone and xanax for several years been
    to rehab in 2002 with cocaine addiction

What Girls Said 4

• Not always. That person could sweat easily if their body temperature rises slightly or they could burst in sweat when they're nervous.

• I guess it's possible, but why did you jump to this conclusion first? The person could be nervous and just not want to tell you. Maybe it's a panic attack. Maybe they are sick.

• because one of my clients has a history of drug/alchohol addiction and he got all sweaty today for no reason.

And I have noticed this in one other person as well.

• Ah, there's some extra information. Then, again, it's possible. I'd check into it.

• Uh, that wouldn't be the first thing I'd think of when encountering someone with hyperhydrosis but it's a possibility. I'd put nervousness/anxiety before drug withdrawal though.

• It could be... ecstasy makes you sweat but more than likely its because of anxiety. there's also a medical thing that causes you to sweat a lot.