Why is it so hard to understand?

I'm a skinny girl. I'm actually one of the ''sticks'' (as I've been called) in my class. I really hate it.
I've tried to gain weight - I stayed on for a week, and then my weight plummed down to the (my) average 44 kg.
Yesterday I went shopping with a few besties- and they convinced me to try on a crop top. I didn't want to, but since they kept on bugging me, I tried it on.

I didn't like it. It didn't suit my body. Even though it was a Xxs/xs it was still a bit too big for me. I kind of looked like the red head on this picture ->
Why is it so hard to understand?
Now, My friends saw and went all head over heels, telling me to buy it, and if they was as skinny as me, they would wear such type of clothing all the time. I told them that I didn't like it, and I felt very disgusting because my rip cage was showing. My friend then said ''okay'' and went in to try her clothes.

My friends are both still bugging me about that shirt. Telling me I should wear it. I told them my concerns about my body, and that I really was ashamed of it. I also told them I wanted to gain weight. To get breasts and a butt.
To look like someone my age, and not a 11 year old boy. My friends replied with ''Skinny people don't have anything to be insecure about, bigger people do''

Why is it that people think this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• We are taught at a young age to feel sorry for fat people and that skinny people are vein and never insecure even though their are plenty of people who skinny shame. I think that fat shaming is more noticeable in our society and skinny shaming usually just has to do with "real women" who think their superior

What Guys Said 2

• I think you can sum it up simply with "the pastures are always greener on the other side"

• no one is perfect to everyone why u should trust urself only :)

What Girls Said 1