Anybody working in a summer job?

What your secret to getting a summer job such as coffee shop or fastfood? Does it have anything to do with connections or luck?

I've actually applied to a lot of fast food last year such as mcdonalds and I couldn't even get an interview? It seems difficult to find a summer minimum wage job. What are some examples from you guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's luck but honestly there is an abundance of places you could get a job at

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I work as a chef at summers. Either at the barbeque or if it's raining I'll be confectioning. Not connections, just enough experience in catering and chef work to go around town and talk to relevant people.

• It really depends on your local economy. My first job was a summer job I got through my dad. However, where I live now, just about every place is hiring and minimum wage jobs are a dime a dozen. Restaurants are known for hiring young people and have very high turn over rates.

• If you go on craigslist there's a ton of labor jobs looking for summer help

• Understaffed farms in the south will pay up to $10 an hour.