I get physically ill when I see or hear about violence?

Whenever I catch a glimpse of cage fighting at a sports bar, have a dream with violence involved, or see someone doing something violent on video/the news I feel physically sick to my stomach.

My stomach goes in knots, I get a headache, and I feel light-headed (like I need to faint). Is this normal? My body's reaction is really strong...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it's not typical but it should be normal. If more people felt this way, we wouldn't be bringing men and women home from the Middle East in body bags.

Keep your sane perspective on violence and avoid seeing it whenever possible.

What Guys Said 6

• I can't say people actually enjoy violence or would be blank to it unless they are absolute psychopaths but I suppose that is a bit extreme but nothing too worrying I suppose.

• How about Boxing or football or Pro Wrestling how do you feel?

• I don't watch any of the above. My mom is a fan of boxing, and football doesn't bother me because there's padding.
      It's mostly skin to skin contact, or blood that bother me

• I play competitive sports also. But, they're volleyball and golf. Not exactly violent..

• Depends what sport you would call violent.

• Tbh, I don't think that's normal. I've never met someone who reacts so strongly to seeing violence. I don't think there's anything wrong with you though. You're just more sensitive to violence than most people

• i had that too, it means that your blood pressure is too high or too low or maybe you dont have enough vitamins in your body

• Hmmm... Sounds like you may have experienced the Ludoviko technique.

• This isn't really, normal... Maybe you just can't stand the thought of violence

• I can't imagine you going to one of my past schools where there was at least one fight everyday

• no, I would't be able to stand that

• Yeah, that school had the image 'of the best school to go to'
      But once in, you see the flaws

Well there are people that like panic for seeing blood for example, maybe it's the same with you, but then for violence

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't say it's "normal" exactly but I do know there are people who have a weak stomach when it comes to seeing violence. It's kind of similar to people who faint at the sight of blood or anything like that.

• I've heard about people being like that around blood, but violence in general? That's really not normal. I think you should get your parents to take you to a professional.