Are blackboards in the US or UK black?

It's a stupid question... I know... but all our schools in Belgium use dark green boards...

0|0
5|15

Most Helpful Guy

• Some were black, some were dark green. It just depended on the school. I think a lot of schools in the U. S. have dry-erase marker boards now though. I used to love hucking the erasers at people and hitting them in the back when I was in school, getting chalk all over them, haha. Boys being boys😆

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• They are usually whiteboards in schools in Ireland but in my day we still called them blackboards - Any blackboard I have ever seen was black in colour.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen green and black in the US.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the USA it is either black or dark green. Dark green is more popular.

But chalk boards are a dying breed! Most of the time white boards (for use with dry erase markers) are the new standard. :-P

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, most of our schools still use Blackboards
    some might find a dark green color but lean more to
    black.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my college we use whiteboards, but in Spain they were green boards.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the UK, we predominately use whiteboards with whiteboard pens or interactive boards which a projector.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, in the US we call them whiteboards due to them being white. You don't really have a pallet of colors at your disposal if you draw on a blackboard, 'ya know?

0|0
    0|0
  • Whiteboards.

0|0
    0|0
  • its multimedia or white boards

0|0
    0|0
  • We used to in primary but now we have these smart boards. Electronic and interactive

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of them are black. Though I have seen a few that were green.

0|0
    0|0
  • All of them at my son's school are electronic now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most I saw were white

0|0
    0|0
  • They're black in Ontario Canada!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Black chalkboards are the most popular here, especially in elementary and high schools. Dark green seems to be more of a thing in colleges and universities here, along with whiteboards (dry erase boards).

Electronic smart boards and projectors are getting quite common now too, in the higher grades and in university.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the UK, we tend to use electronic boards now, which tend to be white, not black, and we use whiteboards, not blackboards.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're still using blackboards, they're black or dark green as well. Many places have updated to whiteboards or interactive boards, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • My schools never had black boards only white boards/dry erase boards

0|0
    0|0
  • We have whiteboards here hahha

http://www.it-event.com/images/whiteboard_xs.jpg

0|0
    0|0