Can a woman be arrested for womanspreading?

Can a woman be arrested for womanspreading as the opposite of manspreading in new york.
http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/06/fascist-america-man-arrested-in-new-york-city-for-manspreading/

Most Helpful Girl

• Id imagine... Since women are often smaller and less physically confrontational, a better example could be smashing a bunch of bags or something into another passenger's ribs or legs.

There's not really a good reason for the guy to be sitting that spread apart that was shown in the video, aside from being menacing. The story writes it as men are being punished for having balls, but the picture looks almost uncomfortable and he's smashing a small, preppy looking dude who is managing to sit without bothering others.

It looks like something being done to intimidate other passengers. Mass transit is always in a weird state of trying to balance the friction between suburban commuters and inner city residents.

That being said, I'm not sure how you police out douchery. Being petty like this will only prompt even more obnoxiousness.

• The YT video nailed it... It starts as an idea to weed out intimidation on the subway, but ends up being abused by cops... Leading to more resentment and intimidating behavior. Vicious cycle.

What Girls Said 1

• Nop. If that "news" is true then it would still be called manspreading if a woman did it and yes she would still be arrested for doing it.

What Guys Said 4

• 0|1
  • I suppose so - It is the person getting arrested not the gender

• so for men getting arrested so they can spread their legs in jail.

• I would be checking her out for sure. And I can sit like that too.