How will I ever feel safe again?

Last night, we were awaken by someone inside our house. The man had been watching my mother sleep until she woke up, then he made a run for it. One of our spare keys that we had hanging in our living room is missing. We have no idea how the person got in because we lock everything at night. And there was no sign of force entry. We are getting an alarm system and changing all the locks but how will we ever feel safe again? What could I do so I could feel like I am take care of my family.

Most Helpful Guy

• Buy a gun, fucker comes back threaten him or shoot him. You could also invest in a dog, which would sense an intruder. Just make sure to change your locks and it's a good idea to get a security system.

• I bought two tasers and I'm waiting for my gun to arrive. I've changed the locks and got a security system. And I now don't put my dog in his kennel so he sleeps in our living room. Only thing now is I can't be alone, I have panic attacks when ever I'm alone. That's the main problem I'm having.

What Guys Said 2

• you could buy a gun and a guard dog?

• install motion detector flood lights around the house

• We have a guard dog but he was inside the garage in his kennel.

• It's likely someone you know.

What Girls Said 1

• Report it to the police. Move into another house. That man is a psycho, and if a spare key was stolen without you even noticing it, what difference would it be to change the locks? He'll just find a way to get it again. Be very careful to where you put the keys.

• we have a report with the police already. I'm not sure, but I'm not even sure how he got the spare key when the key was inside the house.

• Well, you could install security cameras around your house. Or consider moving into an another place. I know it's not easy to find a place in such a hurry, and adjusting is really hard, but it's for your mom's and your own safety.