Do you think artificial wombs can replace women by reproduction logic?

Many men and women often say how we need more women than men to keep humanity alive, even up to this advanced day. Well, there's the artificial womb to counter that argument. Not saying that I agree with replacing women with artificial wombs but just rebutting the stupid outdated "more women are more important than more men for reproduction" logic created by men and women who are still mentally stuck in the pre-historic times.

• Yes
  • No
I can tell by the amount of butthurt women that I've attracted just by how many of them disagreed and agreed in this poll (which was never my intention), denying the facts about artificial wombs. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I guess in the future they can be replaced, but I doubt today, the artificial womb be as good as a woman's womb.
    And the statement that more women are necessary to create life is technically true. I mean, 1 man can impregnate hundreds of women, but women can only have 1 baby every 9 months, and in those 9 months, that same man can impregnate thousands of women. You see it in the animal kingdom, where a male impregnates several females at the same time.

• Depends. Not all young women have the fertility to reproduce so I tend to disagree with the "more women are more important than more men.

• Only about 6% of American women ages 15-44 can't reproduce which is pretty low

• @aamy811 thanks for providing that fact ;)

What Girls Said 4

• Dude. I would be SO happy with the invention of an artificial womb. I have NO desire to give birth ever. Never ever ever ever EVER. Sounds horrible and not worth it at ALL. But if I could like grow my spawn outside my body and like, harvest it after 9 months without completely destroying myself... yeah, I'd be good with that. I'd be all over that. Yup yup yup.

• As long as fetuses aren't negatively affected by growing in an artificial environment I see it being very popular. I don't know it could be an interesting situation for sure.

• Most are only denying this as an excuse to still attempt to have sex with women and feel like a manly man (not that I have anything against fornication but still).

• I have no idea what you're trying to say.

• Where are you going to get the eggs?
    You got the womb, but who got the eggs.

Anyways, women are able to reproduce without men by using bone marrow of other women. That means neither of us are important.

Plus, based your comments on the opinions, frankly, you sound like an angry man. Going on about kissing women's asses and stuff.

• Probably because society constantly shoves that down my throat because of my gender and people acting as if the world revolves around women and their problems along with them being better off to keep for reproduction. I'm also fed up with some of the women who take the men (me being one of them) that constantly protects them until they die, for granted. Sometimes, I feel like I'm just wasting my time with women.

• Actually, human eggs can be created without female input now.

• That's nice. But my original comment still stands. Women can have children without men so we're all useless.

• I don't really care. I don't plan on having kids physically

• Understandable. It's only the sex-crazed men with insecure ego problems that care.

• That's true. I think for sexual abuse it was also evaluate they had this idea that you should enjoy rape because it's sex. I think they especially had that idea with young men saying things like "why are you complaining a girl had sex with you". And I think that once again fuels this whole idea that men are supposed to be tough alphas that only want sex. And it's a because I see many men who believe that idea too.

• Yeah and it's mostly men from the Western Countries (particularly the United States) that still holds this viewpoint.

What Guys Said 13

• "... to keep humanity alive..."

At 7 billion and counting humanity isn't an endangered species yet.

• Whatever happened to love and having kids?

• Well that day now is bullcrap. Everyone takes everything for granted partially due to gender roles being shoved down our throats.

• We're a dying breed kda20! :(

• @BelleGirl21: Well, I'm sorry to hear that this breaks your heart but unfortunately, the divorce rate has skyrocketed in statistics, men and women are starting to have more difficulty getting along and accepting their differences and these constant bullshit double standards against men (and women too) are still being constantly perpetuated so I just see no point in falling love or having a family anymore in this shithole modern era.

• I DONT THINK SO. reason? the baby uses the mothers brain and a blueprint and who knows what else besides nutrition, the baby uses for his own brain from the mother

• Only if they made an artificial vagina with the artificial womb.

• Probably, yes, eventually. As I understand, quite a lot of progress has been made already.

• You still need eggs. That means you need willing donors. You'll need a LOT of women!

• Well... eventually we will be able to, just like eventually we won't need to die. That is a long way off.

• Artificial wombs should not be used en masse I believe...

• we need equal number on male and females

• We already have 2 women for every man on the planet

• Yeah but that doesn't mean we do away with women. Because who will give us sex then and look after little children? lol.

• As far as keeping the human race alive you are correct. This is the type of technology that will bring about true equality to the genders. Eventually neither gender will have any need of one another.

• This just seems like a load of bullshit.

• Does this sound like a bunch of bullshit to you?

journals.lww.com/.../..._technologies_from.14.aspx

• I'm just fed up with the bullshit double standards, certain gender roles and the anti-male sentiment shoved down my throat so bring this topic up.

• Just do your own 'ting man. Find a good missus and forget about the others.