Why do only realistic video games be considered cool and Cartoon style games be called to childish?

I don't get that at all. Honestly if the games mechanics and story line are off the charts who cares how it looks?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• I am not sure who told you this, but that person does not know wha the is talking about. There are tons of 'cartoon' style games which are more serious and also most definitely cool. For example, The Walking Dead (game) has sort of cartoonish style to it, but it most definitely is not childish, not at all.

• I mainly see that from causal gamers I don't know I bet it's the same people who also say anime is for kids.. but I bet you wouldn't want their kid watching Attack on Titian or Girls Bravo

• Maplestory was the shit back then! <3

• Its preference really, coming from a die-hard Kingdom Hearts (where's III at?) and lesser CoD fan.

Also that Persona though.

• My wife and I love playing the LEGO games together. Doesn't seem childish to us.

• Because the childish morons who make up the majority of the gaming community care more about graphics than storyline and game quality. Look what happened right after the Fallout 4 trailer.

• I don't find that to be the case.
    Example: borderlands and borderlands 2, on paper, have a cartoon graphical setting and are held in very high esteem

• Because grown ups.

• Because typically cartoons are watched by younger kids, 8 9, etc.. not 23 year olds

• Some people just take themselves too seriously, even on their own time, and in the privacy of their own homes...

• Just sayin'

What Girls Said 2

• Personally I've never been impressed by realistic graphics. I like to see something more stylized

• I don't see it that way.