Do you find it ironic that even a couple of 3rd world countries rank higher than the United States in Gender Equality?

The United States is suppose to be a country of tolerance, freedom and fair equality but according to this link (in terms of gender equality alone), that's a stretch.

Global Gender Equality ranking

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to be careful listening to that kind of thing. If America ranked first then feminists would be pissed. That would be taken as the job is done and we don't need feminists anymore. So they are going to need to twist all sorts of statistics to make America rank lower.

It use to be that a woman could just lie about being beaten during a divorce and the man would be screwed so it became a common tactic in court. These numbers were then added to the abuse statistics to make it sound like women all over America was getting the shit beaten out of them, compared to other countries.

Meanwhile countries that didn't give a shit about women being beaten ranked pretty low. You see countries that care about women being beaten actually bother to record their incidents more often than countries where beating a woman is acceptable. So countries like America would always have higher numbers of abused women recorded. So without even looking at how they came to those conclusions I am certain they can't be taken seriously.

• Not really. I don't think this Gender Equality Ranking focuses strictly on women but on the men as well. The US tries so hard to be Gender Equal yet they still constantly create unfair double standards against men in the justice system just because of gender role, gender stereotypes and under-reported crime statistics.

• It is possible, but I know in the Philippians the woman is the one that decides how all of the families money gets spent. Meaning if your family needs a loan to buy medicine, you would have to ask your wife to loan them money that you earned, but you have no say in whether or not she loans money to her family. That doesn't sound like something that would happen in a country where the genders are even close to equal.

What Girls Said 1

• To be honest, it is not that surprising.

What Guys Said 8

• No, it's not ironic at all. The United States is supposed to be a country of the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness: not equal outcomes, not even equal opportunities, but equality under the law.

• I find it ironic that a kid would waste time looking up liberal idiocy on the internet. The only difference between women of the US and those of other nations is that they bitch more than they work. If you yourself live in the US, move your ass somewhere where you'll be happy.

• I'm not surprised. Men still have a long way to go to get the rights they deserve.

• Politicians and activists have vested interests in finding inequality in countries where they can gain influence and make money. So no matter what the reality is, western, nonsocialist countries will ALWAYS find themselves on lists like this.

• Mostly socialist and low population with low racial integration and no multicultural elements. What a surprise?

• That's only so because of fake feminist statistics like 1 in 4 women will be raped in their lifetime

• I see you have something against feminists...

• obviously. Gender equality needs to go imho

• I don't trust those stats to actually measure equality properly, more like who bends over backwards to offer the most affirmative action. A lack of female representation in politics, science, etc .. Doesn't (as feminists would have you believe) necessarily mean there's a lack of opportunity for women. There are well researched biological differences that explain many issues feminists love to attach to 'the patriarchy'.

There has been equal opportunity for almost everything in western nations for some time now, now it's unequal with the rampant utilization of affirmative action and quotas.

The Islamic countries deserve their low ranking though, they treat women like shit.

• I'm not surprised.