Americans, tell me something?

How can you be proud and patriotic of your country when you are the only sole nation that caused harm and devastation ever since the dawn of time?

Where do you find this strength?

When I say "dawn of time"- it is a figure of speech. I just meant 'ever since the birth of your history".

Most Helpful Guy

• The answer is I'm not proud. The people in this land continually get raped by their oppressive Gov't that does NOT care about providing services to their taxpayers.

What Guys Said 53

• Leave Boston and America alone !

elsecretocanario.com/.../chris_crocker.jpg

Anyone that has a problem with America you deal with me, because they're not well right now

cdn.scahw.com.au/.../chris-crocker-628.jpg

THEY'RE HUMANS !

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• I think that guy went on to do porn now

• Leave chri-

Wait? What? . . . What?

I honestly don't know much about the guy but I can't imagine him in porno

• Since the dawn of time huh, not even close America has only been around since 1776, by the way, the dawn of time was billions of years ago. Why don't you try taking a look at Spain, England, for instance. England has invaded countless countries every country but 22 in the entire world, killed millions of people through war, mass human burnings, purges, enslaved many people, altered the course of several countries by forcibly invading and imposing their will on them And where, overall cruel, dictator/tyrant like (they aren't now though ).
    Spain, well Spain is the responsible for the annihilation and extinction of pretty much a entire civilization and culture, and all for gold.

Germany the Nazi's they were involved in hybridizing alien technology, witchcraft, cults, inhumane human study and scientific research, torture, and killings that make your stomach turn just by reading about them, piled up the bodies of jews like trash and for what? all for the sake of genetic purity the search for one superior race through a world wide purge the likes of which would have made past, present and future genocides look like play time, if the combined forces of half the world wouldn't have stopped them they would have annihilated everything world wide, and wiped any race who stood in their way.

sure America has it's own sins, but don't accuse us of being the most harmful nation since the dawn of time, read history, educate yourself, you'd know that what you say is not true. And a word of advice don't make a claim like that without proof, records etc.

And you want to know why we are proud and patriotic, because we tore ourselves from tyranny, we fought, bleed and died for our freedom and we built a country based on the principles of freedom, justice and liberty for all. And by the way our governments view on things is not the countries or the peoples view, and don't make assumptions about us.

• Really? Why are Germans proud of their country? Why are British proud of theirs? Why are French proud of theirs? Why are Spaniards proud of their country? Why are Chinese, Japanese, Italians, Mongolians, Greeks, Turks, Persians... proud of their country?
    You do realize that all this countries have also cause a lot of destruction right?

You claim Americans to be stupid, but you forget to first look in the mirror.

I'm not American, but I love America, way more than I love the country I was born. You can criticize the US as much as you want, but there's a reason why there are so many people that wanna live there.
    Yes, America is not as good as it used to be, but it still ranks Top 5 in quality of life index.

Oh, and you're completely wrong if the US has caused harm and devastation since it was born. Learn some history please, you're 26.

• The ignorance is strong with this one.

"And to the Republic and That for which it stands..."

The latter of those is sacred, no matter what piece of geography it lives on. If this land abandons those principles because it finds the God behind them offensive, then it will fall. The Republic no longer functions as one.

Do you really think flags are what matter to me? I care about souls. The harmonious coexistence of mercy and justice in forms not perverted by anything.

Elusive goals, yes. The American Republic was merely a means to an end for those who believed similarly. Yet, the Founders knew what was needed to maintain it. And would be appalled that so many with so little good reason abandoned faith in what was necessary.

The farce calling itself America today is the USSA in everything but name, run by the same cockroaches that have already burned half the world with their poisonous rebellion-against-God-at-all-costs and their obsessive worship of The Plan.

While many were sleeping, true Americanism was marooned on a proverbial island somewhere. Its children were brainwashed, and the original's ideals were perverted almost beyond recognition.

• "How can you be proud and patriotic of your country when you are the only sole nation that caused harm and devastation ever since the dawn of time?"

I mean, seriously? LOL

I am the last one to try and pooh pooh American transgressions, but even I find this hysterical, not to mention demeaning toward all the other world victims of tyranny and oppression.

• Your nation is made up of a bunch of criminals that fucked over the local population of aboriginals, I don't want to hear it.

• Australia is not my nation. How insulting!

• @Asker, spare us the thunder and get to the point. There has to be some reason you decided to pick a fight with half the forum. What happened? To you, personally, today - what triggered this?

• By the way guys, I am not attacking the people in America personally. I was referring to the past devastions America caused. I am in no way saying that this country is better than that country. I was just crying yesterday and this caused my anger.

• Every top tier nation on the planet, throughout time, has had to do some not-so-ethical things to maintain that power.

Why?

Because like anything else, success brings jealousy. I know half of the world wants the USA to fall off its proverbial mountain top.

----

NO nation is perfect!

Are you kidding me? While I do agree that the US is far from perfect, I think that is a bit extreme. The US isn't even 300 years old yet. I think the worst that the US has caused was to the Native American populations which were already in shambles from Europeans such as the Spanish, English , French, and Portuguese. I think there are much worse candidates out there for "devastation and harm" than the US. The majority of wars fought by the US were for good intentions whereas most Western European countries fought wars for greed. I see that you are from Australia. You guys devastated your native populations no differently than Americans did. This is coming from a black guy. My ancestors were second class citizens for the majority of our history yet I still don't see America as even coming close to the top of the list of "harm and devastation"

• Are you forgetting about the Nazi's in Germany, the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, the Boko Harim regime abducting and killing thousands of innocent people in Africa? There are many more examples I can list. Is the U. S. perfect no but neither are other countries.

• You know maybe you are right. Maybe we do cause too much trouble. Like the time we fought in World War I, and World War II. The world did be better off speaking Japanese, Italian, and German. I would have never existed since Japan would dominate the Pacific, but it's okay. How about the Jews? Well it now can be okay since they are allowed to die as well. How about Europe? Well they did be ruled by psychopaths in places like former France. Oh, and Russia would be powerless to do anything since we would have been wiped out since any Country will be powerless to help. It will still be okay due to us not intervening since the world will be wiped out.

Think before you pull words out of your a*s. None of us would exist if America did nothing at all during the War. You annoying snotty nosed foreigners thinking you guys are so great like you have pulled the planet from nothing at all during the whole time as if this planet is yours for all of this tough time. >:(.

• The same way how the Chinese are proud of their country.
    All Americans should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c

• can't see it :(

• @cl_517
      It basically rips America's illusion that it's the greatest country in the world to shreds.

• I'm curious about idiot said the USA was the greatest country in the world? This video is awesome and the dude in it is just epic ^^

• 1. We have the best armed forces in the world. our success rate is great.
    2. We created the craziness called muscle cars.
    3. Great Americans. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, John Hennessy, Thomas Edison. George Washington carver , Oprah mean the list is endless.
    4. Our Hollywood movies are world wide
    5. Our corporations are world wide. Google, Microsoft, Apple, Holden, Tesla I mean the list could go on.

• America has caused harm and devastation? Since the dawn of time? LOL. Troll. The country is only 240 years old. Dawn of time... lol
    Well, our country is an amalgam of the oppressed from all over the planet. Unlike most countries we started from scratch and were ale to build a country on the hopes and hard work of its immigrants.
    The country embodied noble values from its founders to recently. They have dropped by the wayside of late. We now have a secret police. We no longer have the freedom of speech nor the freedom from unlawful search and seizure that our Constitution ensured us. We now have a president that is quoted as calling the Constitution an outdated, and deeply flawed document reflecting the deep flaws of the founding fathers". Radical liberalism has created a welfare state that no longer supports individual liberty.
    With that being said, we are the single largest economy on the planet, we deliver more economic and social aid to the world than all the other countries combined. Our military bailed Europe out of WWI, and WWII. We defended Europe against the Soviet Union and thus defended the rest of the world from the fate of soviet domination.
    So while you can bitch and moan away, remember that you are bitching and moaning SOLELY because American Citizens and American Soldiers laid down their lives and their dollars to keep you free and alive.
    Next time you want to bitch about America, perhaps tell me what your country has done today to make this a better world.

• glad to know we have been causing all the problems with the world since the dawn of time lol!

I am proud of what america stood for, but now... our nation as a whole has some problems, but dont all nations?

• Yeah, this is news to me. Considering we're one of the youngest countries.

• I take pride in all the harm my country does. Someones gotta do it!

• Thank you. THANK you for this honest answer that everyone is thinking

• @GamerArtNerd true, but slavery happened across Europe as well.

• Exactly. It's happened in Africa and Asia too. I don't see why you even agreed with her on this because she's wrong.

• "you are the only sole nation that caused harm and devastation ever since the dawn of time?"

Nazi Germany = Disneyland?

• Dawn of time? Maybe since the early 20th century or late 19th century. Maybe even the 18th century is someways.

• because we are the capital of the world look around, no country has what we do. specially freedom. Dont hate America, I know we'r full of mistakes but we do the best we can and we enjoy it.

• Because they were born, raised and live there and because it actually has plenty of good things about it.

I suspect you're trolling though. ;)

• This nation, The United States of America, is great because of our freedom, many of illegal Mexicans more over here for one reason and that is the opportunities this nation gives us. Sure we have brain dead idiots in America, but every country has idiot like your country. Look at Russia, they are the drunken idiots of countries. Sorry if some people in America made a bad impression for your first time here. But America has made a big impact on the world good and bad, you might only see the bad impacts.

PS GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU BITCH.

• I meant move not more. DAMN YOU AUTO CORRECT!!!

• Gee. Does your "bogan" host country think as highly of you as you think of them, you stuck-up parasite?

• Don't get me wrong, I love the country. Not the people

• Do they go around gloating about accomplishments from over a thousand years ago as though it's a credit to them today? You come on here, insult a couple hundred million people with vapid blanket statements and then act indignant when some of them voice their offense?

I'd prefer the company of someone a bit more down-to-earth over someone like you any day.

• You assume that all of us are patriotic and love our country. A growing number of Americans are taking the blinders off and seeing the US for the country that it really is. The problem we face is the fact that those who have taken the blinders off are still largely out numbered by the people who still have them on.

• Troll better next time.

But anyways, we are ashamed of how we're responsible for the apartheid in Africa, the holocaust, slavery, the inquisition, driving African and Asian animals to extinction, world wars 1 and 2, the Holodomor, the crusades... etc.

Seriously, though you're just trying to troll, do better.

• I wasn't trolling. I was deadly serious.

• Well then I'm sorry, but you're beyond stupid if you honestly believe the US has been the, quote, "only sole nation that caused harm and devastation ever since the dawn of time" seeing as how every. single. last. country. has done something beyond evil to someone else, (except maybe Switzerland).

• America may not have always made the best decisions, but at least our govt never killed 6 million people in systematic slaughter or put them in concentration camps for no reason. We also never ordered all baby girls to be adopted out or slaughtered. We did not start the Vietnam war. In fact most Americans didn't even want to be there. We also do not execute or force into hard labor our political opponents like North Korea does.

• Not to mention our country was home to some of the greatest inventors/scientists ever. Names like: Thomas Edison, Walt Disney, Albert Einstein, Henry Ford, Nikola Tesla, Jonas Salk, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Lee Iaccoca, The Wright Brothers, And Ben Franklin. Some of those were not born in the US but called it their home country after the immigraated here.

• How can you say that? 1. Any war we've gone into defends our freedom or someone elses freedom. Sure we fight a lot but we fight for what is good and just. 2. You just stereotyped an entire country. That's like saying all Indians work for customer support. Or that all Asian women speak in a high pitched voice. It's just not true.

• I am not really that patriotic and that is okay. I don't really get involved in politics either. Do I like living here and the opportunity I have to better myself, yes I do. The alternative would be me being born in India, lol no thanks.

• you tell me face fuck. why do you care what our nation does. we have enough problems with shit that happens here. we dont need worthless assholes that want to rub shit in our face. if your an American too, then you fucking need to leave

• But did not Americans suffer harm and devastation since the dawn of time? Life has always sucked for me. I'm American I'm not proud and patriotic for these assholes who slaved me, slandered, discriminated, me and gave unfair advantage, preventing me from happiness with no chance for success or being anything of desire. Now they have a hard time responding.

• This is deeper than the Marina Trench... :o

• Hey man jaw thisis murica other nations suck our dicks.

• More from Guys
    23

What Girls Said 23

• 7|1
    • Those people did NOTHING like what americans did

• I think you are the only one proving to be ignorant here. You asked our opinion we have given you hard facts to back that and you won't give facts to back your opinions!! Sorry you lose!!! You can't win against Americans its in our history and blood!!! So when you are ready to step your game up and show up with true historical facts then we can have a real debate.

• Lol yeah I lose. .. ok haha

• How can you be proud and patriotic of your country when you are the only sole nation that caused harm and devastation ever since the dawn of time?

... Hundred percent agree! finally there's someone who thinks just like me.
    I wonder how christopher coulumbus went out for a sail in search of the land of india and he found about America instead. how i wish his ship had never make a U-Turn and never would he discover this Evil (land) known as America , All they do is create disasters in the world. America and their stupid rules
    They never help any other country at bad times. They just show off
    I just Hate USA.

• 4|6
  • Put down your phone, pick up a history book.

• Tell 'em, mom!!!

• I know right xD I guess she forgot what happened in Europe no more than 100 years ago... and twice.

• Well considering you are a young country, you did quite a lot of damage that give other countries a run for their money

• I am an American, but I have moved to the UK for my schooling. First let me say that no nation is perfect. Every single one has made some bad mistakes before. I'm positive that your nation is not perfect because it is not populated by angels. And I think that it is very shallow of you to imply that all of us Americans have bad manners, and that we are stupid! Shame on you!

• People automatically feel a sense of pride when they were brought up in school systems that taught us to think a specific way about out heritage. Even without the influence of the education system my family has been in America since my absestors migrated here during the early 13 colonies. I have relatives that have fought in wars to protect us and make sure we are able to continue to lead the lives we were born into. It just comes with the territory or being an American. I might not be proud of our history but I will always be an American. I can't undo the damage that America has caused the world but at the same time I am not to blame for the faults of the people who came before me.

• ... it's a good thing you're hot.

• The world must be young if a country that's around 200 years old has been around since the dawn of time.

• Honestly I am not proud to be apart of this country. Americans are greedy consumerist that really only care about their own we being (If you judge us as a whole) Though you cannot judge all Americans based on this stereotype, just as we can't stereotype all citizens of the next country.. their not all the same.

Also I'd have to disagree on your statement that America is the only country that has caused harm since our birth. There have been several other country's causing loads of devastation to the world. Example: Nazi Germany, The whole ISIS thing and many others. Every country has their faults I think. Because we are all competing to be on the top and sometimes in order to be on the top you have to get your hands dirty.
    This does not mean I agree with any tactics we Americans have taken or with those that other nations have taken either.

• Clearly we are better educated in history than your country because we are not the sole nation that has caused harm and devastation!
    We created the Internet, cell phone, car, air plane, and put a man on the moon!!! Shall I continue or would you like to list some achievements you're country has done to advance mankind? Using the Internet we invented!!!

• I don't call Australia my country. And where I am from, we invented literacy, mathematics, the law, the library, the concept of time, astronomy EVERYTHING.

• And if you get your hands on some real history, you will see that we were the first race on earth

• Well, I never said that Babylonians never lived in Mesopotamia, I was just saying that you weren't the first race, but the first civilization, which is different.

• just about every country has done bad stuff. it's just that most others are countries with cultures of shame so do a better job of hiding it under the rug.

the US is a country with a culture of guilt, so it feels an excessive need to tell everyone every bad thing it's ever done

• How can we cause devastation ever since the dawn of time if we have only been around for like 239 years?

But I honestly rather be in one of the countries in Europe . That or japan :)

• Also this song should be our national anthem :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

• I dont hate your country. In fact I love everything about your culture, infrastructure, food etc. Just hurts me how much devastation you caused in such a short time.

• I don't think the whole devastation is only the USA fault. The USA became a country only 10 or so years before the industrial revolution. That I honestly believe is what caused devastation to the planet the most. The only thing to cause a mass human devastation was the black plague which happened in 1346–53. Which killed 75 to 200 million Which it came from Central Asia. So a third of the European population was wiped out during that time period.

• Because, this is America..

[URL=smg.photobucket.com/.../URL]

• We're not the only ones but I do get your point. So much unnecessary shit got done...
    I'm not lol I like my other country better.

• who knows? i can't stand this place, ima grow up and move to the uk.

• Lol you got roasted on your own question

• I think that this question was actually directed to Great Britten...

• bc twinkies and 'murica

• You're putting all Americans in one category. But if we are so terrible why does everyone wanna come here. ? We are the land of opportunities.

• I think you're confusing America with England...

• America only became a world superpower in WWII and if it wasn't for them Germany and Japan probably would have succeeded

• I don't know how people in general find the strength to be patriotic of their countries. In fact, I don't understand it.

• I don't know it's just that we're better looking.

• The most obese nation in the world should not use "better looking" in their sentences

• Actually, I have contributed something great. I have helped build hospitals and a school in Addis Abbaba for Church Missions. I have also gone to Cambodia and this year I am planning on helping out for a mission in India. I am working to be great and continuing to run charity missions. Yes, I might be a grumpy bitch, but I am a humanitarian. I dont care for things that are unethical and cause devastation.

• I don't support what most Americans have done, but that doesn't mean that I have to be ashamed of where I was born because it doesn't make me who I am.

• Lol at all the people who turn back and have a go at australia cause they think she's australian. Be the better person and don't go around saying hate for another place just cause someone's hating on where you're from