Other Christians, please help me?

Guys, I am a Christian. I live beside morals. However, I just want to be a bit cut-throat. Just a little bit. LIke extract revenge, do anything to get ahead. How do you deal with these feelings?

HOwever I can't because of my Christianity

Most Helpful Girl

• Temptations are a pain aren't they? Writing helps me. I write a letter to God. I tell Him what's bothering me, and why it's bothering me. Rant as much as you need to. Sure, He knows everything, but when we express our frustrations in different forms, writing or talking about it; it helps us process our feelings and thoughts. Then, take a breather, listen to some music, workout, relieve that stress. Go back and re read your letter, remind yourself that negativity, and revenge will satisfy a minuscule part of the problem. Temporary satisfaction that may hurt others, and may result in regret. Instead of, "because I'm a Christian, I can't do ____".
    Focus on I am a Christian; therefore, I DON'T want to do ___.
    If you dwell on revenge, you will extract revenge.
    You're already going the right direction! I pray that you can refocus your thoughts to what is pure and pleasing to God.

What Guys Said 9

• Hey you Starfishlover,
    You answered my question and mentioned I look like a guy and am his dopplger guy yesterday. You also commented saying I was hot which I appreciate it. I am also a Christ follower. Here is my thought on this. One you seem to wrestling with this subject which is good, if you were are not I would be concerned because it shows you care. Second Jesus did say love thigh neighbour and pray for your enemies. However, there is a verse in proverbs saying being wise as serpents and soft as doves. Just because we are Christian we are called to love doesn't mean you have to like them. I would suggest that you do not have to be treated like garbage or disrespected so if they go out line again then put them in there place.

• Just spread these flyers for me 😁

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f20d441df5.jpg

• As far as I know, you are supposed to "turn the other cheek" and accept them either way, just possibly avoid and ignore them. Revenge doesn't exactly solve any problems, after all.

• You could actually... would that make you a bad Christian? But the question that really should be asked is how revenge will help you get ahead and in what aspect f lie?

I also says in the Bible that God wants his children to prosper... if you walk in His perfect will for you life, you will get ahead in life, just maybe not in the direction you intended to go without God...

• What do you mean specifically by "exacting revenge, being cutthroat, do anything to get ahead"? If you trust in, and serve God, He will bless you!

• It's written in the book of Matthew that whoever exhausts themselves will be humbled, and whoever humbles themselves will be exhaulted. If your goal is to get ahead in life, you've got the wrong goal. If you're living to glorify God, you will have so much fulfillment and joy in your life, nothing else will matter.

• Vengeance belongs to the lord or you could thr eye for an eye route either way the bibles got u covered

• Romans 12:19

• That's not Christian at all. You go completely against your beliefs. Having sex outside of wedlock is considered a sin as well.

What Girls Said 3

• I would journal these things and pray that God lead you to a workable solution.

I don't know what area of your life you want revenge on, but I once had a housemate who made my life hell for a month. I wanted to hit her over the head so many times. But I couldn't. Then, I found out what she was doing to the rental money she collected from me and the other housemates. So I was able to exact revenge on her legally and get the money back after negotiating with her failed.

Sometimes solutions come down unexpectedly. Displaying exemplary logic also helps.

• It has nothing to do with Christianity or any other religion. Everybody has a set of social standards he wants to follow (given by believe or cultural environment), and every act you want to do has to be evaluated against these standards. Its up to you to decide if you want to do something that does not fit completely and af you don't feel OK afterwards, only you can solve that feeling.

• Any eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.