What country do you think has the highest drug use rate in the world?

This also includes tobacco, marijuana and alcohol use as well. They all tend to go hand-in-hand anyway.

Here is the thing: I was taking a class this past semester and one country (from 2014's data) supposedly had the highest rate of illegal drug use, alcohol and tobacco. Basically, this country isn't sober at all. Whether it's true or not, I don't know (I'm skeptical of what I read on the internet AND what I learn in class.) With this being said, we'll accept it as fact just for this question.

The first person to guess the country gets MHO. If nobody gets the country correct, I will pick someone who guessed the country the CLOSEST to the country I'm talking about (if two people guess a country equally apart, I will pick the answer which was more developed and explained reasoning.)

Since there are so many countries, I will give you a hint: It's not an African country.

@atomique I couldn't wait any longer.

Your answer was wrong but as I explicitly stated in the details of my question, I would pick the MHO as the person who guessed the country closest to the country that is the correct answer, IF nobody got the right answer. The correct answer is: Iceland. The United Kingdom is pretty much right next to Iceland. So, even though you doubted yourself, you still got MHO lol.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• I think it is Amsterdam!

• Iran got some heroine issues.

• Like Joan of arc?

• Not every study that is peer reviewed is accurate either. Information changes all the time. I checked both a popular and a peer reviewed source so congrats on finding other information else where.

• @kittykatg I agree actually, and I also don't mind if you researched. If you read the details of my question, I even admitted this study may not be entirely accurate. I'm just saying someone has to say the name of the country I learned in a class to get MHO.

I will say, I did research on this country (additionally from my class) and they really are among the highest drug use rate in the world.

• Probably my country which is Canada. After all , I do live here 😂

• France or Australia

• Some place in America

• Which America? North or South? Unless you were referring to one of the U. S. territories.

• Well, you have to specifically name a country, or you can't possibly get MHO.

• Wait I change my response to Iran, just cause I saw an article on drug use lol

• Russia or one of its neighbors?

What Guys Said 14

• guess... hm... sweden?

• Last time I checked it was either Ghana, Cameroon or the Ivory Coast. Where around 27% of the population regularly smokes marijuana.

• This is surprising but it's actually, Palau followed by Nigeria.

• @koullaras Perhaps you need to read the details to my question.

1. I'm going from a study we reviewed in MY class. I even said it may or may not be 100 percent accurate.
      2. This study in my class was conducted in 2014, not 2012.
      3. This study was a COMBINATION of alcohol, illegal drugs, marijuana, and tobacco.
      4. This map you posted ONLY shows on illegal drug at a time and doesn't even mention tobacco use or alcohol use.

• *one drug at a time

Sorry for the typo.

• Is this in terms of drug use to population size % or just overall use?

Can i have 2 guesses?

Ill go Ireland and say Columbia

• Read the question. I said drug use RATE. Obviously, that means it's drug use according to its population size.

• I'm not going to tell you if you're wrong, because if I do, that would eliminate countries and people would use process of elimination.

• Fair enough :L. Its 3am here in the UK and need to sleep sometime soon so probably best you dont tell me if its wrong as ill just keep guessing hahah. Ill throw one last random country at you before i go to bed... hhmmmmmm..

Ibiza? (Spain)

• I would guess the United States due to the relatively larger population, availability of income to citizens and non documented aliens, proximity to markets in South America, and demand.

• Keep in mind, population has no factor in this, because I specifically said the RATE of drug use, not the raw number of drug users.

• Keep in mind, marijuana is only ONE of the substances factored in this study. There is also tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, X, heroin, crack, meth, LSD, etc to consider as well.

• Lol I don't want to name every single country in the world, but maybe Columbia? I think the laws aren't as strict and it has a fairly strong illicit substance market

• Brazil or Peru I think

• I've heard it's America.

• Iran does.

• Is it a South American nation?

• United States of America

• Nicaragua? This guess probably sucks lol

• I bet it's a Middle Eastern country. Iran perhaps?

• That's easy the United States

• It's that easy, huh? Lol

• Yes. Drugs are very popular in the USA.

• Just going from experience, after living here my entire life, the drugs I come across are marijuana (which isn't even a drug) and alcohol/tobacco (which is legal anyway.) I rarely come across crack, coke, heroin, ecstasy, LSD or any other drug.

• somalia jjj

• I know we get fucked up in the UK, so I'll represent and say GB ftw! lol