Are Turks and Persans/Iraneans white?

I asked people on here to guess my ethnicity. They told me they thought I looked Turkish. I am not, I am part greek so I was wondering if the turks are just islamic greeks. Greeks did occupy turkey for about 3000 years before the Ottoman empire.
Also I think that most Iranians (persians in perticular look white.) I have heard theorys that persons migrated to Iran from Europe 1000s of years ago.
So are Turks and Persians white.

• Both are white.
  • Turks are white, Persians are not.
  • Persians are white, Turks are not.
  • Neither are white.
  • I don't know/See results.

Most Helpful Girl

• We are from white decent, but are classified as middle eastern.

• So I'm guessing your Persian by your user name. You very white to me based on your profile pic.
      By the way I'm not muslim and I am not I'm not a fan of Irans government but I respect your culture.

• Okay I'm sorry for assuming you are.

What Girls Said 5

• I think you are black. Welcome my African brother <3 <3 <3

• They do look similar. Olive skinned and coloured eyes.

• There has been an influx of immigrants From Croatia, Serbia and Russia into Turkey.

• Well greeks were in turky 3000 years before the ottoman empire. I think the white looking ones are just greeks.

• Look at these two users. They are both of Iranian Parents
      @princessofpersia and @blondfrog
      They look whitish. :P

• No I don't believe Turks, Persians, and Iranians are considered white. Like I said before, who are the people asking you? They could be just really dumb *shrug* I'm full blooded African, but a girl assumed I was mixed with Asian genes because of my thin chin, small nose, and narrow eyes (when not making an expression). She wasn't the brightest, mind you that.

• If you get tanned instead of red from sunburn, you're not white.

• You're middle eastern, That's a thing. You should know being one and all!

• I sure the fuck am not middle eastern.

• Oh okay. Sorry I got pissed off at you for saying that.

• No it's cool, I should have read the question properly.

What Guys Said 8

• Today all ethnic groups in Turkey are considered Turks. That was the granda vision of Kemal. If you're born in the nation of Turkey you are Turk, wether you like it or not, anybody who suggests otherwise is very much construed a traitor (in my opinion this is no different to fascism).
    In Ottoman times however Turks was a word only used to refer to Anatolians and frequently carries a derogatory meaning (violent, uneducated, uncultured etc.). The Anatolians being the group with the best genetic lineage to the Turkic tribes from central Asia can only be described genetically as central Asian. Turks that live on the western coast and the big western cities are more likely to have European heritage.
    The Persians consisting of Indo-European tribes including the Aryan one, are basically white.

With all this being said, genetic mixing has happened quite a lot and one can not say that a specific population consists of only one ethnicity and is actually an amalgam of many genetic groups.

I can provide references if needed.

• White is just a color I don't know my full ancestry, but I know that my great grandpa was white and blond just like me now I don't know if he was from a different country or not, but I have seen white Persians before and I am Kurdish and I have seen a few Kurds who were white and blond and a good amount of just white Kurds. I've also seen white Arabs with black hair as well.

• I think they are classed as caucasians

• Ask some white guys from West Texas. They are experts

• Iranians, norther Indians, and Europeans are all Caucasians and have Caucasian bone structure but he difference is skin tone

• I clicked a but shoulda clicked c I'm unfamiliar with Turk history...

• I'm sure that there are some white Turks/Persians/Iranians, but clearly not all are.

• I'm part Greek and my grandfather lived on a Greek island that was under Turkish control at the time he lived there and he was white. I think Turks are still considered Middle Eastern while Armenians are more white

• I don't think middle Easter means totally non white.

• Yeah I guess genetically there is not a huge difference between Greeks, Turks, or even North Africans and yet they're all considered to be parts of different races. I wouldn't say they are all white, I would say they are Medditeramean (sorry for spelling lol)

• Turks are not white.
    Some Iranians are white, most aren't.

• Then why did someone think I was turkish when I am 100% white with blue eyes?

• Turks aren't white, they are semitic people.

• Ahahahah. Turks are Semitic people? Turks are Altaic people from Siberia, Russia, North Caucasia, Ukraine and Mongolia. Turks aren't Middle Eastern. But Iranians are Middle eastern.