Does anybody know if my cellphone (sprint) will work in cancun Mexico?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes BUT it will all be in international minutes/data.
    When I cross the boarder into Mexico I get a text warning me I now will be billed at the international rate (s)

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe, but damn those international calling charges can be costly!
    Get an app like Pinger / TextFree to make Wi-Fi calls and texts using a real phone number.

• I have this app for my phone and tablet, comes in handy when somewhere without regular cell reception (such as rural or mountain areas)

• It should do

• Yeah, but sprint will rape your bank account.

• Probably not. Sprint is CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) technology. Most foreign countries use GSM (Global System Mobile). They are completely different technologies.

What Girls Said 4

• It should be able to function to use the internet and stuff. But if you're from the U. S. I recumbent putting it on airplane mode the whole time you're there. Otherwise, you'll get data roaming charges.

• Your Iphone?

• You should turn off data roaming before you go so you can avoid extra fees.

• But if I turn it of I won't be able to make calls?

• It just means there are limits to the amount of data you can use.

• Yes it will work but you have to turn on the international roaming. Its a feature that will allow you to use your phone in mexico. i think they charge per minute. its more the further south you go. something like that. I sell cell phones so this is what i was taught by our sprint representative.

• How do I turn on my international roaming?

• you have to call sprint so they can add that feature to your plan. and i think they're going to have you download some sort of update to make your phone capable of making international calls.