I am thinking to write a mytake of "why greek people aren't as nice as you think they are". What do you think?

Now, i am a greek citizen born and raised and every day i see people be way nicer to tourists than the other greek citizens. And what it occurs after an extended period of time is that people badly behave even at tourists. So what do you think? Should i tell why greek people aren't as nice as you think they are?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be interested to read about it.

• Yes i think so too, but the problem is that i think i don't have enough supportive facts to justify my opinion

• There was an Indian girl who wrote about her country in a negative perspective. :)

• Oh k, thanks!

What Girls Said 7

• i think it's stupid. u dont need to put the nice greek people to shame just because u apparently think a lot of them r mean.
    are we ever gonna quit freakin generalising? #generalisation127

• Maybe a be too serious for here. My best friend from uni was Greek and I love her. She had a scary huge Greek friend who I was scared to even say hi to but he turned out to be one of the sweetest people I've met. So I'm not sure. by the way this was in UK.

• Whatever. It is common logic she would be nicer there.

• Kind of a weird take honestly. To ridicule a whole nationality. Ofcourse it's your nationality, but it's still a bit weird and maybe it's good that tourists think greek people are nice and don't need the details behind it.

• They do mate, especially if they want to sit there for a long time

• Maybe it's true, but why would you inform clueless tourists who think greek people are nice that they really aren't? I mean, for their vacation it's better to think they're nice.

• For a vacatiom of 4 months yeah

• When I visited Greece, I had a couple guys yell at me and my friend to "go home." A couple others were really nice to me.

Be interesting to read either way.

• You are being childish, people will agree with you, but most won't. My mother is half- Greek from her father. Nationality has nothing to do with kindness, and if you do write it, that implies you're not nice either because you are Greek.

• Implies? That's just a stereotype. I can guarantee you that i am from the few good dudes at 10th grade at least

• I used to live in Cyprus. Not sure about the mainland, but they were nice enough to me.

• you're a disgrace

What Guys Said 8

• Be careful how you word it - It mightn't even make it to the site feed

• You mean to write proper grammar?

• No how you say that Greek people aren't as nice as others - It might get reported

• I won't do any comparison. I had already beared that in mind before you commented

• When I was in the Greek islands a lot of the locals weren't very friendly but I suspect they just get tired of all the tourists.

• A lot of weird MyTakes these days so it doesn't seem to be a problem to write one on Greeks I wrote one about Chinese and East Asians so I think it's normal...

• Well I'm Jewish, I have never met any, but there seems to be a whole lot of people (golden dawn voters) in Greece who don't care too much for us.

• Whatever, greeks don't fucking care anymore for each other

• But i was referring to the greek people each others lives

• My old roommate was Greek and he seemed friendly enough.

• You can't be nice if you want to fight off the Persian horde.

• A better question would be why u shouldn't lend s greek money

• i wouldn't really care. but then i dont care about 99% of mytakes anyway

• do it since the greek population has changed