Who is the worst US president of all time?

To me it would be Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter. Nixon was a crook hence his nickname Tricky Dick. Carter in my opinion was incompetent and a coward when it came to the USSR and Iran Hostage Crisis

Most Helpful Guy

• *-Richard Nixon , a crook
    *-Jimmy Carter, who let Brzezinski start that war in Afghanistan, using a bunch of religious extremist fanatics, the taleban (Muslim students exiled in Pakistan)
    *-Reagan and his ignorant voodoo economics, his provocative stance against Libya (Sidra incidents)
    *- Oil man G-W Bush who planned the Iraq war even before becoming president:
    www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1221.htm

• Carter was a tool and a coward pussy who couldn't even stand up to the Ayatollah

• Peanut king Carter was living in the idea that religious fanatics are a way to fight Communism, be it in Iran or in Afghanistan.

What Girls Said 4

• George Bush is the worst in my opinion - the one who ruled before Obama.

• So because he was a "crook", that's it? He's the worst president ever? Why not include Bush Jr, Billy Boy or Obama as the worst presidents ever then, they did way more damage than Nixon could ever.

• Obama. Time is almost up though...

• Thank god, But Hillary would be bad too

• @ihav2fart I totally agree and it's so much worse being self employed!

• @aledeeurope we had to jump through all the immigration hoopes too so I completely agree with you. The other thing is he only wants amnesty for certain groups of people. So basically picking and choosing himself who gets an automatic in.

• I think bush junior and senior were way worst than those to. But after them I'd say Nixon

• Bush jr was way worse than Sr.

• Well think of it. In '91 during the first Iraq War Cheney was Sec of Defense. 2nd he was VP

• Yup and I still think he was the puppet master. Bush does not in any way seem smart enough to do the things he did

What Guys Said 19

• George W Bush and Dick Cheney

the both of them created the financial melt down in 2008 and 2011. The bush administration also gave tax cuts to corporations, like Exxon which were allowed to keep its un-taxed wealth of over 40 billion dollars, instead of paying the 35% tax rate. And then the bailouts started... which could have paid off all the mortgage debt created by corporations
    Taking the Nation into two wars... one of which earned Halliburton and Dick Cheney over 40 billion dollars in profits, and completely neglected the veterans on their return home.

^^ this list can go on... but the Bush Administration has recently been convicted in Malaysia, by countries like Germany and Switzerland of Crimes against humanity, and violations of the Geneva convention and the rights of other nations. So Yay!!!

• I would say Obama, by a long shot. Smuggling thousands of weapons to Mexican drug cartels, trying to get the USA involved supporting Al Quada in Syria, illegally spying on the entire damn country, letting the ambassador in Libya get killed then lying about the reason...

media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...682def9da05d.jpg

• Nixon? God, no. He at least got things done. If he lived today, his indiscretions would have paled next to those of Clinton. LOL - just looked at your age! You comment on Nixon? You don't even remember Reagan!
    Worst has been Obama. He is a traitor, he is corrupt, he supports policies that only benefit his billionaire backers... and sells them to the liberals as good for them. What fools. Hillary will be as bad.
    Clinton was a joke. The whole presidency has been changed in the past 15 years into something that is more a machine for an elite few to get rich from. The banking scandal which simply lined the pockets of the rich to the crimes that Hillary and Billl committed to Obamas creation of a virtual secret police.

Best President is easy, that was Reagan. Effective, honest, and was a good leader. Worst is Obama - he has damaged the country and the people and he is corrupt.

• Hillary won't even go in.

• "... to stem the growth of communist influence...".
      That was decided in 1919 (the fake liberal Woodrow Wilson) and influences US politics until today, nearly a century thus.

• The OP was referring to Viet Nam. The President who got us into Viet Nam was Kennedy. We were not referring to Communism and the overall timeline of its demise.

• Easy woodrow wilson. He gave the nations money to a private bank. If thats not the dum est thing ever then I don't know.

• The best from a European point of view is certainly FDR.

• ( the First Red Scare, used to win the 1920 presidential elections)

• @dudeman
      Oops, that had to be added to Woodrow Wilson's 'palmares':
      ( the First Red Scare, used to win the 1920 presidential elections, as if the USSR even could endanger the US in 1920)

• I'm really not sure but I just don't get the hate for Obama. I think the majority of it is younger people who don't know what it was like under previous presidents or die hard Republicans who would find a way to hate him if he cured cancer.

• From a european point of view George Bush snr

• George W Bush is the worst.
    Abraham Lincoln is the best.

• Obama, who is actually worse then Carter, I'm not the only one who thinks that either.

• I believe it too, but at least with Obama we got Bin Laden

• "Really the only good presidents we've had in a while were Reagan and Kennedy,"

Poor Wilson and FDR :(, and those other guys, what's their names... Lincoln and Washington I think?

• @GoodDogNigel I am referring to the last 40-50 years or so not before.

• William Henry Harrison. He's at the same time the worst and the best.

Worst PERSON to ever be in the White House? Probably Jackson. Badass as he was, the trail of tears wasn't exactly something to be proud of.

LB Johnson sent the country to a war by faking an attack on a US ship, so that sucks.

US Grant was beyond terrible.

Van Buren was bad.

There's quite the list honestly.

• Taylor, Fillmore, and Pierce are probably the worst back-to-back-to-back presidents though with Hayes, Garfield, and Arthur in a second place.

• Good point. Trail of Tears was like The Holocaust of its time. Johnson sent too many young lives to a war we knew nothing about, or wasn't even our business. Grant was a drunk..

• Probably Andrew Jackson. Dude had a massive chip on his shoulder and killed people to prove it. Also a big fan of nepotism, appointing his friends to positions instead of actually qualified people. Certified badass, but not a good president.

• There's people who said Nixon ordered the National Guard to kill the 4 Kent State students in 1970. I dont believe that though

• richard nixon maybe

• Cocks if I know.

• ( the First Red Scare, used to win the 1920 presidential elections, as if the USSR even could endanger the US in 1920)

• Could be Obama if he ignores the student loan crises. It's literally going to send our economy down the toilet and he's probably more interested in Caitlin Jenner than he is in fixing that.

• Who wants a 15-year-old's opinion, I don't belong here!

• George W. Bush. Both of them.

• President Charles Logan , this guy was awful

• Those two and Bush.

• It isn't going to be a popular answer, but I would have to say Lincoln was by far the worst. His mismanagement of the civil war nearly got the country torn in two, and resulted in far more Americans dying than needed to. He was just a horrible commander and chief, that refused to let his generals do their job as they saw fit. Instead he told them to fight a certain way and when that didn't work he would replace the general.

The best was George Washington. He was the right man at the right time, and was crucial to pulling the young country together.

• To me it's George Bush. Never caught bin laden. And sent troops to Iraq looking for weapons of mass destruction which didn't exist

• And ruined our economy and image in Europe .

• There's so many valid reasons to knock the Bush presidency and you choose the idea that Bin Laden wasn't killed? You have some really bad priorities mate.