Why do I go through these phases of needing 9- 10 hours of sleep a night?

I can normally wake up with just 6 hours of sleep but I go through these phases of constant sleepyness until the weekends

why? And does anyone else experience this

Most Helpful Guy

• That happened to me today! I was supossed to get up at 8:30, shower, eat and be studying by 10 for my finals but I didn't. I ended up hitting the snooze button until 11:30... yes 11:30. I did absolutely nothing today as well even though I REALLY needed to study. Guess I've gotten burned out from these past few weeks and needed a rest day. My mind says yes but my body was like fuuuuuck no you cunt.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Its called REM rebound. Your brain is not getting enough time to recooperate and so your circadian rhythm is offset and on the weekends you make up for the lost time.

• Probably because you're not sleeping enough during the week so your body is trying to make up for it on the weekends.