Why is this the case? Why are Singaporean women exceedingly shallow/lack substance and materialistic?

I'm working in Singapore at the moment for my work. I've noticed women treat me very different based on what company car I'm driving and what I'm wearing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup.. what you're saying is right.. because here in singapore if you're poor you can't live here.. its hard to survive.. and singaporean women prefer guys with money and can support them.. and they also prefer rich white guys.. so they can show off and have pretty babies.. not all singaporean women are like this but majority are.. and dont say I'm wrong and I dont know anything.. I've lived here all my life.. a little advice if you're looking for someone to date.. don't show that you got money.. maybe you will find the right person.. just maybe.. and im saying this.. because most singaporean women will still look at your looks..

• i agree with her. except about the majority part, i would say many.

What Girls Said 5

• They were groomed to be competitive to survive in their harsh environment.
    Having a nice car, job and what you wear is of great importance.

• Right. It's all about what handbag they have and that's it. Sad.

• Are you white? they'll treat you like a king there.

• They do obsess about brands.

It's a Chinese thing in general. Rich Chinese people from the mainland also behave like that. They walk their Burberry bag around like they want to be known as the privileged.

• the type of women u mentioned are everywhere in the world, it is a common issue in today world not just singapore. if u want to find a sincere girl avoid driving in expensive car, carrying branded goods etc... then u be able to snift out the good ones

• This isn't just women in Singapore lol. Women and men are different yet we are the same. Nice clothes and car just give you more prestige so you'll treat that person better. Think of it like this: if one of those women who is a little overweight and plain all of a sudden got fit and fine, don't you think she'd get treated differently by guys? It's human nature. people are shallow. Just worry about the ones who cared before you got nice shit

• No. You have never been to Singapore I assume. It's all about a status symbol here, you spend all your money on what you look like (what type of car you drive, your clothing) and your house is average. It's bad here

• I've never heard that before tbh

• Where are you from?

@kangy might want to know.

What Guys Said 3

• Singaporean women are notorious for their 5C's.

• I am surprised to hear that - I would have thought Singaporean women would be polite

• I have not found this to be the case at all I have dated while living there and the people were warm and genuine. You are meeting the wrong type of girls.